What size woodruff key for 1982 dt 125?

Ollie1995
This post is 4565 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, My bikes missing a woodruff key but I don't know what size they are? Any ideas guys?

Thanks, Ollie.

When you say you don't have a woodruff key, do you mean you've lost it? or took off the flywheel and it wasn't there? coz if its the latter you need to have a good look around the inside or on the flywheel (magnetic), coz you dont want that flying about inside, could bugger something up.

About 3mm thick, half moon shape about 5 mm deep, 8mm long

It would be, yup, but for 25p more and made specific for crank, I'd go with other ones, peace of mind and all that

Guess the best idea is to collect this type of stuff over the years !

My mates allways deride me for keeping " stuff in bacci tins that will never be used " well here is a case in point ! Never throw owt away and keep odds n ends in bacci tins and old chinky tubs etc.

When at autojumbles you often see bacci tins of woodruff keys and the like. Just buy them some of them will fit, some wont, but they probably only cost a couple of quid so money well spent.

It's allways the small bits that hold the job up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online