Universal stainless steal brake lines?

undertoe
This post is 4594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been thinking about buying a new set of brake lines but since my bike is an older model there isnt many options for stainless steal, so I'm left with the universal option. The only thing Im worried about is the inside diameter of the banjo fitting. Are they the same size for most motorcycles?

I dont have any other bikes I can measure so just throwing it out there. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been thinking about buying a new set of brake lines but since my bike is an older model there isnt many options for stainless steal, so I'm left with the universal option. The only thing Im worried about is the inside diameter of the banjo fitting. Are they the same size for most motorcycles?

I dont have any other bikes I can measure so just throwing it out there. Thanks!

Don't know where abouts you are undertoe, but I recently went to HEL Performance Brake hoses, and took my old brake hoses with me as I wanted stainless steel fittings with stainless steel braiding, the rear was a straight forward standard size, but had to extend the front line 3", to allow for higher bars and a bar converter, they made them up for me while I waited about 15 mins in all, all at a very good price, even threw in 2 stainless bleed nipples, for free, so if you're not local to Exeter, google HEL, and email them the lengths you need, and what type, very accommodating, and also do mail order.Oh and I think the banjos are a standard metric size.The lines come with stainless banjos, and numerous copper washers too.

Research is key here. I don't think there are too many sizes for the banjos and there are lots of universal lengths. Size the banjo you have and compare that with other bikes via the web, then just look for the right lengths. I brought some S/S bleed nipples from Wemoto amongst other things to overhaul the brakes for the SLR. They were sold as bike specific but didn't fit. Fair play to Wemoto, I moaned about it and they refunded the whole order value.

I would phone wemoto and see if they can match up lines for you. They sell the banjo bolts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online