throttle response

danzley0
This post is 4607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you slowly increasing the throttle, or wazzing it open and expecting a powerful and immediate response?

If the former, start by checking your plugs. If they're fine, then your engine is possibly running a little rich and the misfire is too much fuel in the system. Try adjusting the mixture screw on the carbs.

If the latter, then you are almost certainly putting too much fuel in the system, causing the misfire. Accelerate more gently.

What about the other stuff I mentioned?

Crap underneath the slider?

You could have an air leak in the manifold seal. When the throttle is closed it sucks air in from there. Did you gasket/instant gasket it?

Crap underneath the slider?

Thats tricky, balance and aim are really difficult....

this bike is religiously cleaned everytime after use so no crap in there mate have recently changed the inlet manifold would that change anything?

The replacement manifold is the first place to check, possibly a leaky gasket, disturbing the carbs can always bring problems.

this bike is religiously cleaned everytime after use so no crap in there mate

I mean the throttle slider. The actual plastic sleeve beneath the grip, that the throttle cables attach to. I've known a couple of bikes pick up a lot of fouling in there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online