Hello

yamste
This post is 4618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, nice to join the site .

Hope to get some info on a few things and also give some back .

Currently re building needle valves and needle seats....what a joy :hyper:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, and welcome to the forum yamste,

Thanks, just wondering if there are any rules for posting as a newbie ? i e : so many posts before i can ask any questions .

I have stripped my fj1200 carbs and replaced the needle valves and o rings in the seat holders to stop the annoying on going problem of fuel leakage from the overflows ...anyhows i think ive sorted it having had the carbs off at least 10 times adjusting and re adjusting :crazy: .

If you ever have any problems with carbs let me tell you its a fine art to get them in sync but with patience it pays off, i read that needle valves should be replaced every 2 years in a bike and compairing the old to the new valves there was quite a bit of wear on the old ones . Costly at £60 a set but well worth it.

Not asked any questions so hope im ok to post my misfortunes and hopefully someone will get some benefit from my posting....oh and if you go to all the trouble of doing what i did just make sure you fit an inline fuel filter if you havent got one ...stops any crud from the tank getting through and ruining your good work :rolleyes:

Anymore FJ owners on her .

Cheers all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online