Speedo and Rev cables

NEV
This post is 4655 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any body out there recently taken out their inner cables for the Speedo and Rev cable? took mine out today, to clean them and am buggered if I can remember which way round they go, there is a difference in the ends as one end if you feed it through the top stops due to a tiny washer,and the square last inch of the inner cable, or if you feed it through from the bottom of the outer cable stops leaving about an inch of square to sit in the engine for the rev cable, or speedo mechanism on the wheel for the speedo cable, can't find owt in the manual, anybody have an idea? (cough cough, OG) ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any body out there recently taken out their inner cables for the Speedo and Rev cable? took mine out today, to clean them and am buggered if I can remember which way round they go, there is a difference in the ends as one end if you feed it through the top stops due to a tiny washer,and the square last inch of the inner cable, or if you feed it through from the bottom of the outer cable stops leaving about an inch of square to sit in the engine for the rev cable, or speedo mechanism on the wheel for the speedo cable, can't find owt in the manual, anybody have an idea? (cough cough, OG) ;)

funny you shold ask that I had my tacho cable disconnected today.

As you know I sold my DTR and for that matter never had the cables disconnected. However getting back to today and the DTMX tacho cable...it's fed upeards from the bottom

hi

i always fit them with washer at top, on speedo,idea being if bottom comes loose you dont loose the inner cable,dont really see what difference it makes except previous reason for doing so.

cheers

dohh that makes sense :headbang:

Aye agree, it does makes sense, but it did have me thinking mind, that if the bottom of the inner cable got gnarled /chewed up, which can happen, you can just pull it out feed a new one up without taking all the headlamp cowling, headlight etc off.

But seeing as both you lads have same idea to feed it from the top, I'll go with that, cheers OG, and Yamahait.

I reckon OGOB first go is right, the washer stops the cable from going too far into the drive,

Merv

Hold on a sec, I've fed both inner cables + washer from the top, so I need to feed from the bottom? :blink:

I'll go have a look on the xt tomorrow, see how that ones fitted