Moving wing mirrors

IceWhyte
This post is 4659 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I was out on my first proper long ride at the weekend, which was great (even though it was pissing down). However when ever I got the about 50 MPH my right wing mirror would slowly tilt forward so I had to keep re-adjusting it. Got a bit annoying after a while. Does anyone know how to fix this? or do I need a new wing mirror?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I was out on my first proper long ride at the weekend, which was great (even though it was pissing down). However when ever I got the about 50 MPH my right wing mirror would slowly tilt forward so I had to keep re-adjusting it. Got a bit annoying after a while. Does anyone know how to fix this? or do I need a new wing mirror?

Thanks

is it moving on the ball joint or is the nut securing the mirror head not tight enough?

Hi mate, yes sounds like your mirror is loose, just under the mirror there should be a nut, possition your mirror to where you want it then tighten the nut up, = job... jobbed ;)

try this iff that don't work,

pop the glass out , it may or may not have a rubber suround that peales off,(mine does)

at the back of the glass should be a nut , tighten it , only a bit ,because it has a plasic cup that easily splits,

put the glass back and bobs your aunt fanny.good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online