Quick Curiosity Question

125Viking
This post is 4664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick thing I wondered. Realise is probably a simple answer but hey :P

Asside from performance, is there differences between the 125 and 250 Dragstars? As in size of the bikes. aesthetic parts etc.

Thats all :P

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One has a bigger engine that the other

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... Oh my, I'm funny, aren't I?

OK, basically the 250 engine is bigger than the 125, with notably higher performance. Other than that, they're pretty much the same. IIRC, they even use the same basic frame. Components like the drive chain will be slightly uprated, but that's about it.

Only major difference is that you can't ride the 250 on a CBT cert.

The 400 is somewhere in between and I've never even seen one in the UK myself.

The 650 is really where it starts to make sense. Proper, full-size Cruiser with enough kick to have a play with and start handling the big rides.

Some 125 and 250 parts *may* be interchangable... Check ze manuals.

Yeh I wasnt sure cus to me they looked the same just wondered if it was a trick of the eye or not :P

I never knew a 400 Dragstar existed, shows how much i know! or how rare they are in the UK..

650 is probably where I would go next after a 125 should I feel like entering the big bikes :) otherwise I reckon I'd go to 250, if it is the same bike but with more kick seems easy to transfer.

Thanks for the info!

Go 650!!

The extra weight only takes a short while to get used to and when riding it feels SO much more stable in the corners!!

Well according to Howmanyleft.com there are only 2 xvs 400 taxed/sorned in the country. There sone that appears on ebay for sale ever so often but is over priced and mine.

The 400 puts out 33bhp new and is basically the same bike as the 650 custom. The difference being the 650 has a bigger engine bore and piston stroke to give it the extra 6bhp.

A chap i work with has a 400 dragstar......the only thing is.........its says "virago" on the tank lol showed me the V5 and its says its a 400 dragstar <_< confuzled.

I had a look at performance figures with the 125 and 250, same top speed pretty much, but the differnce is that the 250 can sustain that speed longer than the 125. i would say not to muck about just go 650! the only advantage with the 250 is that you pay less tax than a 650. But where's the fun in that lol

I have a feeling I wont be able to resist the bigger bike. even though this is a number of years down the line ^^

On a tooootally unrelated note... Anyone happen to have a grand just lying around they were thinking of giving to charity or something? :P

no? :D

On a tooootally unrelated note... Anyone happen to have a grand just lying around they were thinking of giving to charity or something?

I did have, earlier this year.

Couldn't find a worthy charity, so I spent it on an M1 rifle instead.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online