dt125 derestrict

godlygaz
This post is 4673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My bad :/

basically when you open the PV casing you get a black piece of plastic with two cables on either side controlling which way it spins.

The cable towards the front wheel is too short in order for the PV to be positioned so that it is flush when you look down the exhaust port. Despite using the cable adjusters above it, it is turned as long as possible.

So you might be able to tell me if im correct in doing this. But what i have done is set it a few degrees out, its isn't quite flush but i think its more open than it was which i hope makes a difference?

I would go on the road to test it but it is heaving down out there!

G

My bad :/

basically when you open the PV casing you get a black piece of plastic with two cables on either side controlling which way it spins.

The cable towards the front wheel is too short in order for the PV to be positioned so that it is flush when you look down the exhaust port. Despite using the cable adjusters above it, it is turned as long as possible.

So you might be able to tell me if im correct in doing this. But what i have done is set it a few degrees out, its isn't quite flush but i think its more open than it was which i hope makes a difference?

I would go on the road to test it but it is heaving down out there!

G

The black plastic is the PV pulley.

Positiion the PV so that the top is perfectly flush at the top,

The 'U' shaped pulley should now align with the blind 4mm hole in the cyl head casting

Do whatever is required to achieve this...ie unbolt the pulley and fit in this position if neccesary.

Re fit cables with just a little slack.

The black plastic is the PV pulley.

Positiion the PV so that the top is perfectly flush at the top,

The 'U' shaped pulley should now align with the blind 4mm hole in the cyl head casting

Do whatever is required to achieve this...ie unbolt the pulley and fit in this position if neccesary.

Re fit cables with just a little slack.

Thats what i did, im saying the cables are too short to allow the 4mm hole to line up with the hole, its just a few mm off being on the hole , so i did the best i could.

G

Thats what i did, im saying the cables are too short to allow the 4mm hole to line up with the hole, its just a few mm off being on the hole , so i did the best i could.

G

The PV motor will only align the 'U' and the hole after these events in this order

1: Engine has been running and stopped by turning key OFF

2: Key is turned back to ON now the motor will set the pulley to full open the PV. its ok to turn off the key now and adjust the cables for alignment

The PV motor will only align the 'U' and the hole after these events in this order

1: Engine has been running and stopped by turning key OFF

2: Key is turned back to ON now the motor will set the pulley to full open the PV. its ok to turn off the key now and adjust the cables for alignment

that was where i was going wrong, and F**K me , it flyes like a beast now !!!

Thanks a bunch

added to the memory bank

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online