dt125 derestrict

godlygaz
This post is 4657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody

I originally posted a problem on the bikechatforums.com and am trying to fix my problem but i think the consensus was that no one was really sure.

This is the link to the post

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=224908&sid=5e479833312e10018639875d73584501

As you may read i am struggling to get past 55mph on a flat, ( i got to 62 down a hill :P ), which i know is now correct correct as i measure to a gps unlike what it states about riding along with my car ( knowing there speedos a few mph over accurate)

so i have come over here in recommendation and hope someone has an idea?

Thanks for looking :)

G

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I initial thought the speed was out, but i now think its 100% accurate because i measured it against a gps and a car speedo. But because the car speedos read about 3-4mph over i thought the DT's speedo was out, but i know now its not. So yer i think it has a too low top speedo, (about 55)

G

I initial thought the speed was out, but i now think its 100% accurate because i measured it against a gps and a car speedo. But because the car speedos read about 3-4mph over i thought the DT's speedo was out, but i know now its not. So yer i think it has a too low top speedo, (about 55)

G

I saw you have a full DEP exhaust which is good. So now im wondering about your PV, there were two types, mine has a diamond shape on the end of the PV so it can be set to a restricted position. Have a good read of that part of my de-restrict topic it describes the correct position with pictures

yours may be the same as mine.

Others are just parallel sided and so are set right or 180 degrees out ( which would totally wreck any performance)

I saw you have a full DEP exhaust which is good. So now im wondering about your PV, there were two types, mine has a diamond shape on the end of the PV so it can be set to a restricted position. Have a good read of that part of my de-restrict topic it describes the correct position with pictures

yours may be the same as mine.

Others are just parallel sided and so are set right or 180 degrees out ( which would totally wreck any performance)

So if i am reading this correctly ( post 31 if im correct on that thread) .

Will that hinder the performance and any other rev range? , i vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the power band then changes?

Or will it be like having the power band i have now that kicks in at 5400rpm kick in from basically 0rpm with it working all through the rpm range .

Thanks, G

It will make the difference between 55 mph and 70 mph sure enough.

Undo your pulley bolt and slowly draw it back to see if yours PV is the diamond ended one, you may be able to do it with the cables still attached I cant remember and anyway I detached mine of course for the photos

Then set as to what you have learned in post#31 if it applies to yours

Will this mean that the PV will only activate at a high rpm thou ? or will i still feel that power lower down the rev range?

Will this mean that the PV will only activate at a high rpm thou ? or will i still feel that power lower down the rev range?

what it will mean is this...

If it's set to a restricted position it will be prevented from opening fully, ie raising the exhaust port top fully. Therefore power output will be reduced, it is there as a restriction because governments have imposed restrictions on what power output learner riders are allowed to have available. If you are a learner rider and find yours is in a restricted position I am not advocating you change it in any way...I am just showing you what can be possible when you pass your test ;)

Right. I turned the power valve clockwise to match the pictures on your thread , but thats 90 degrees turn isn't it ?

Everyone seems to say 180 degrees ? ,

Had a drive with it like in the diagram , ans it does drive differently power band is a bit odd, but I feel like it's struggles on puling off, nearly stalling really ?

btw there is no speed increase I don't think

G

Right. I turned the power valve clockwise to match the pictures on your thread , but thats 90 degrees turn isn't it ?

Everyone seems to say 180 degrees ? ,

Had a drive with it like in the diagram , ans it does drive differently power band is a bit odd, but I feel like it's struggles on puling off, nearly stalling really ?

btw there is no speed increase I don't think

G

how can it be 90 degrees? look at the pics...it's a diamond shape not a bloody square

how can it be 90 degrees? look at the pics...it's a diamond shape not a bloody square

Showing what i understand as turning it 180 degrees, from what im looking at yours youve flipped it ?

unled1copyl.jpg

Got ya that's what i did more like a 160 Degree turn clockwise (picky i know) :P

hasn't really helped the top speed thou, still struggles at 55?

From what i read on the bikechat forum you have done nothing to remedy the reed switch in the spedo, cetainly no clarification.

Secondly why the obsession with the powervalve opening, if you think thats the issue. I don't, just take the gubbins off the side of the barrel tie it up out of the way and have a ride round tweaking the valve by hand, or with some pliers. That will show its effect if nothing else.

Ive pulled the reed switch out and put it to one side (not cut or anything), and derestricted the PV.

it just feels like there is something stopping it going faster than 55, but i can tell it wants to go more!

I'm still on L-plates but my dad is insured too under a full license and he likes riding it around also, so adjusting the PV and removing the reed switch takes all of 5 mins to put back to standard for when im driving it.

The pulley on the left is to short, even with the tightening screws , our just won't reach?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online