sr 125 rear sprocket

tez73
This post is 4676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i am fitting new sprockets and chain but when i undo the 4 nuts holding the rear sprocket

they are turning freely but not coming off at all, if anyone has done this before and knows what to do would be grateful? cheers, terry. :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i am fitting new sprockets and chain but when i undo the 4 nuts holding the rear sprocket

they are turning freely but not coming off at all, if anyone has done this before and knows what to do would be grateful? cheers, terry. :blink:

are the studs not moving Terry?

sounds like the nuts have stripped try grasping them with a vice grip (mole grip) and pull as you turn anti-clock

Well Terry,,,,,,whats happening,,,,,,,,,,what did ya try Dude ;)

are the studs not moving Terry?

sounds like the nuts have stripped try grasping them with a vice grip (mole grip) and pull as you turn anti-clock

hi mate, no i dont think so, there are black oval plastic parts on the back of the sprocket that the nuts are going into, do they need to be held with a spanner? also is it best to remove nut with wheel and c clip on? will try the grips tomorrow. :)

many thanks for reply, terry. :unsure:

Aye Terry.

Pull of the black plastic things,,,,,,,,hold the nuts with a spanner,,,,,,,,,put another spanner on the other side, (bolt side),,,,,,,then loosen.

You could loosen them before ya take wheel off then fully take them out when wheel is off the bike.

Best of luck

yeah the black plastic things may just be caps to cover the bolt heads...we dont really know as we cant see a picture

hi mate, they are covering the bolt thread behind the sprocket the other side to the bolt heads holding sprockets on and are about 10mm wide?

Aye Terry.

Pull of the black plastic things,,,,,,,,hold the nuts with a spanner,,,,,,,,,put another spanner on the other side, (bolt side),,,,,,,then loosen.

You could loosen them before ya take wheel off then fully take them out when wheel is off the bike.

Best of luck

brilliant mate thanks for replies, sounds possible to remove the nuts this way will try it in the morning and let you know, terry. ;)

brilliant mate thanks for replies, sounds possible to remove the nuts this way will try it in the morning and let you know, terry. ;)

the black plastic parts dont come off so bolts must be threaded am going to try putting a flat screwdriver behind nuts and spanner them off now! :angry:

Yes,,,,,,,a picture is needed

The rear sprocket cant be held on just by bolts going into plastic,,,,,,surley it would never hold :unsure:

a picture would help tez if you know how...see 'New Members'...'FAQ's'

how do u add pic have looked in help files but it says press choose file button but its not there on my reply page?

Tez you have to open your own photobucket account here

http://photobucket.com/

Then follow the instructions here to place pictures in the forum

http://www.yamahaclu...sting-pictures/

It might seem a bit daunting at first but it's not...it's dead easy when you get the hang of it

cheers for that i had no joy with removing the nuts on the sprocket so i took it to my local tyre shop and they said all 4 bolts were threaded as previous owner put them on to tight, took them an hour to get them off and i need 4 new studs, so i cant use that wheel until they are replaced. fortunatly i had a spare rear wheel so soaked it in lube and took me half an hour to replace them.

the plastic oval bits are to grip with a spanner while the nut is removed but they are really flimsy so it is difficult not to break them!

seems silly to put them on something where you need a strong fixing.

thanks for that link i will still put a picture on later just sounds more difficult than a moon landing when you read the help files!!

cheers again for all the help posted,

terry

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online