British Motogp 2005

crummydillon
This post is 7057 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

PS .......... What is Kart ...... is it cars :rolleyes:

Super-Karts are shifter Go-Karts that are powered by 250cc GP Stroker motors. B)

Their cornering speeds are Amazing! :blink::thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To be honest I will never ever go to any event staged at Donnington.

?the 'security' isnt there to protect you its there to ensure you dont cause problems.

I'm with you on that Roy.

I've done the Brit GP three times as a marshall and last year as a scrutineer.

When I was marshalling, these arseholes, tried to stop our team taking up our post on the esses. Theres a track inspection held evey morning before any action starts and the marshalls have to be on post prior to this happening. Rent a thug didn't want to know. If it hadn't been for the intervention of the race director there would have been no racing.

Last year I was based in the paddock (great place for seeing the bikes close up). Security must have checked our passes four times between the paddock entrance and the scrutineering bay. We're dressed in blue overalls with one of those poxy tabbard things we have to wear that clearly state Pitlane and the idiots still tried to stop us getting in.

Oh yeah, these mini Hitlers are on 15 - 20 quid a day just to fuck up your weekend!

To be honest I will never ever go to any event staged at Donnington.

You will be asked to pay silly money and treated like shite. how do I know.. well I went in 2002 on a camping weekend. The portaloos were full by Saturday morning and I mean full, you couldnt sit down without your ass coming into contact with a pile of shite. The advert said showers.. yeh right.. 6 showers amongst 5,000? people and the 'security' isnt there to protect you its there to ensure you dont cause problems. This year gas canisters were confiscated on entering the site so how the f*ck you were supposed to cook or brew up gawd Knows.. mind you there were always the rip off catering vans to relieve you of your wad...

Roy

BTW the above is a mild review of what happened but I will NEVER EVER return to Donny for a race meeting again. 2004 saw me at LeMan which isnt as quite as good spectator wise but at least I was made welcome at the circuit and in the town and the entrance fee for the 3 days was about half of Donny and included a free programme.

FU Donny

I was there last year ('04) and it was f*cking diabolical. The first GP I went to was in 2002 in Catalunya. Donington was a total sh*t tip compared to that. Firstly, the ticket prices for Barcelona were around £30 for the weekend (there were lots of hot Spanish chicas too), and it cost more than that just for race day at Donny. But... I'll be going again this year. Glutton for punishment...

Mick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online