yamaha dt 125

dpreece
This post is 4676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive got gunk in my rad so i changed the head gasket because i fort that was the problem and after running the bike for a couple of days the gunk is back in the rad can anyone spread some light on this for me

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if your head gasket had gone it's not really surprising you have gunk in there,

it may take several flushes to clear it, since it is summer I would keep changing the fluid in the radiator, dont bother wasting your money on coolant just use distill (de-ionised) water and when youre happy fill with coolant again.

but how do you know your head gasket is good now? did use use a black rubber coated one or one of the nasty cheap copy pattern ones?

if your head gasket had gone it's not really surprising you have gunk in there,

it may take several flushes to clear it, since it is summer I would keep changing the fluid in the radiator, dont bother wasting your money on coolant just use distill (de-ionised) water and when youre happy fill with coolant again.

but how do you know your head gasket is good now? did use use a black rubber coated one or one of the nasty cheap copy pattern ones?

Sorry paul you have a spelling error there, you need an 'ra' instead of the 'o'.

Sorry paul you have a spelling error there, you need an 'ra' instead of the 'o'.

crappy indeed Jason, still...best with a thin smear of silicone just around the bore circumference ( not all the gasket face) also I think.

keep flushing your radiator. My Gpz 750R had a bit of crap in it so i ended up taking it off and back flushing it with hose. Do you guys get a product called Hylomar over in Blighty? 'Cos that stuff is gold on head gaskets, comes in a spray can, dont need much... i only know this because when i was a learner i approached my TAFE teacher and asked if Stag would be ok to use... ( was rebuilding the GPZ.... dont ask... chuckles..) couldnt get a new headgasket,( read apprentice wages) the problem with silicone and ... welll the Stag i was going to use is that it can ball up, drop into areas you dont want or know about and cause some damage ( I.M.E) the Hylomar sprays on so thinly , and seals very well.... 2nd hand desperation head gasket sealed and rode it for another 40 thousand k's..... just my 2c.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online