My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yer im well chuffed with it mate just need to sorf out the carbs a wee bit to make her run better then all will be good.

If you look just between the 1 and the 6 your see a little chrome bit........thats the LED light just going o nick my rear-reflector off my mountain bike to stick on there. And yes i may indeed get a slightly smaller number plate but we will see lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

man what can i say....fuckin awesome you've done a class job man ad love to have something like that once i've passed....

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Well A few bits need to be done the the bike again due to the missus driving her car into it, i need another Number plate bracket as its now all over the M27 in a ditch :( also i need another number plate light as it was ripped off along with the bracket which blew a fuse and killed all my lights. Luckly it didnt catch my wheel nor did it course a crash THANKFULLY

Carbs now have a set of 122.5 main jets in thanks to Wemoto.com, and i have played with the pilot jets and tick over so she is running better now. Still got some more tinkering to do with the carbs to get her spot on but now the weather is on the up i can spend some time on them.

Next on the list is to get some exhaust wrap on the pipes as i keep burning my leg on the rear pipe, and im looking at a nice up rated front brake disc.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not checked in on Farmer County Choppers since November and boy you've been busy! Looks great, probably sounds great too but I've no speakers on my work PC D'oh :spin2:

Yer not a lot has happened since then really, just been doing odds and sods like re-jetting the carbs and sorting out the niggaly bits etc. Goota sort out my wedding then im hoping to get hold of a springer front end for next winter which will be nice, im also thinking of re-doing the tank but for the time being i will leave it as is.

• 1 month later...

Well i have just ordered a set of cone air filters for the old girl to get shot of the one that hanging out on the side of the engine which is hopefully going to give her a cleaner look only cost me £35 :)

Im still humming and R-ing about a Jockey shift tho.........?? Has any one going one on their bike i can test ride first lol

Ive finally got something i can spray my fuel tank with again so if this shitty weather keeps up im taking it off and re-doing it but i have finally pried that Harley softail tank off of my dad so im gonna have a look at getting that onto the bike some how and see what it will look like.

Stay tuned.....................more will come ;)

Here we are with some new shiny things added to the bike and i tell ye what for £20 it aint a bad little mod! The power gain (well actually pulling power gain) is fantastic!

Air.jpg

air-2.jpg

Air-3.jpg

Air-1.jpg

Ive had to Re-jet the bike again for the 5th bastard time but ive now got that off to a T and had the Carbs out dismantled rebuilt and back on the bike with fuel tank and that on within an Hour, :D Go Me!

Will try and get another video up on here again soon to show you how she is and how much LOUDER she is :hyper::biglaugha:

New part is now bought and off to pick it up on Saturday, which is a pair of Harley Davidson Fat bob split fuel tanks. :D There will be a little bit of work needed to get them to fit but where there is a will there is a way and with the weather acting like a complete twat then i have some time on my hands to get it done as there has been no riding at all for the past 2 weeks!

O and i will soon be saving up to give some pennies to this bloke to build be a complete One off frame! but first gotta finish paying off this wedding of mine.

http://www.chopperz.co.uk/custom_chopper_frames_perthshire_scotland/custom_chopper_frames_perthshire_scotland.html

New parts arrived this week end, so now its a matter of waiting on the weather down here to improve so i can take the old tank off and see how im gunna go about fixing these bad boys on. got them for a healthy £77.99 not bad considering brand new they are up in the hundreds.

Splittanks.jpg

And yes they will soon be black, with the air filters just poking through the top of the tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the starter button has now been moved from the handle bars down to near the little cubby hole on the left hand side of the bike, very easy to do and only cost me £2.99 for the button off Amazon!

Still thinking of a way of getting them split tanks to fit but im thinking im gunna have to make a new tunnel to fit over the frame then mount the tanks to that then i can use the original tank mounting points on the frame. If not i will see about getting another dragstar tank and cut the tunnel out of that and use it. Either way these tanks are going on the bike!

Pics and vid to follow

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Noise

I had to make a profile in here just to tell your how awesome i think your bobber project is - you clearly worked alot on it so you deserve the feedback. :)

I am getting my first bike soon i hope and i want a XVS 650 aswell and try doing some bobbing in it aswell and your project was a truly inspiration.

Fucking awesome job - it looks great! :)

Thumbs up from Nikolai - Denmark :hyper:

What a beautiful bike... and such attention to detail. Did you decide not to go with the jockey shift then? Just thought I'd chime in too since I got to read through your project. It was nice to see all of the Farmer County Choppers episodes all at once. :D Looks and sounds tight! (way better than what you started with - IMHO) :)

Cheers Nick! Thanks for the effort in joining the club just to give some feedback, would be nice for you to introduce your self in the new bee section if your staying!

As for the jockey shift sacha.......it will be done but need to sort out how I can do it and how its gunna work and look. New rear fender and sissy bar coming next then the split tanks then the jockey shifter. Lots to be done really lol.

I'll be interested to find out how you do the jockey shift as one day I'd like to build my bike that way. :) I'll stay tuned...

• 3 weeks later...

Right just a quick up date (no pics as work hasn't really started yet due to the weather)

The new fender is still a work in progress as the paint keeps blistering (something in the filler) so once thats sorted i can go a head and mock fit it and sort out a sissy bar. The split tanks are in the shed collecting dust till i pay off the wedding and get some sheet steel to make up a new tunnel for them.

The next thing thats going to happen is this new clutch set up. I have decided on doing the Suicide shifter with the foot clutch and hand lever. very simple mod to do and i will show you as i go if there is any other complete spanners in this tool box like me thats finds these mods cool? lol

The springs under the seat are now in the bin as they where pissing me off so now the seat is hard mounted to the frame and lets me sit nice and low, but im thinking about lowering the bike a bit more via the springs?

Stay tuned......................She aint finished yet. :eusa_think::eusa_whistle:

A few quick pics

Noise.jpg

MorningBetty.jpg

Readytogo.jpg

more to come when i start this jockey shifter

love the work you have done to the bike keep it up carnt waight to see the new tank mounted and painted