My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ha ha, well after last night I'm surprised it didn't go through the side of the shed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer i know but sadly i have no room to take decent pics at a distance. Most of my pics are taken close to my chest or with me crouched down on the floorc ha ha.

Ha ha, well after last night I'm surprised it didn't go through the side of the shed.

there he goes on about his sex life again :razz:

Well you know how it is Tommy, either bend it over or smash it in.

Once the wife is Home from work I'll get back out there and sort some more out.

• Like 1

Braved the freezing cold cave last night (soon warmed up with the heater on tho) stuck another coat of paint on the swing arm and is just now waiting for a rub down and its final top coat, then i got stuck in on the wiring and the only hard ones that ive gotta figure out is the lights as with the stock switches you can have the lights off, dipped or on where as the way i want them is off, on, main beam all the rest is a doddle.

Here are a few more pics, few of how i had the bike last week to sort the clutch out and the others for all the wires ive gotta get into the handle bars :eusa_doh:

Lidls £9.99 work mate is brilliant!!

DSC_0472_zps9uk0lezg.jpg

DSC_0474_zpsh0y0ht0i.jpg

Thought id better prop it with a bit of wood

DSC_0473_zpswyn0wlpv.jpg

DSC_0482_zpsw6uvbbly.jpg

DSC_0484_zpsllk03zot.jpg

O and before you all say the shed is now clean and tidy. It got into a wee bit of a shit tip at that stage

Just spent 2 hours out there tonight on it and all is done just need to put some heat shrink on them and get them in the bars and that's that job done. The head light was the hardest part as now I've done them to turn on as soon as the ignition is turned on. Only blew 3 fuses as the wiring diagram in Haynes was shit so just connected the 4 wires till I found out which way they had to go ha ha.

Well sorted out the wires last light with some heat shrink so they are all nice and tidy just need to extend them to reach the controls and then connect them up but i will do that once she is off the bench as she's a bit tall at the mo.

Got the seat fitted to the bike so thats another job done, just need to put the final coat of paint on the swing arm and fit that then she can come off the bench and onto axle stands to start sorting every thing else out.

Sorry Tommy, do forgive me Work is just becoming a bit of a twatter at the moment. lets just say its not fun.

On a good note tho Betty is coming off that work mate this Friday, the front wheel is going away to be tourqued up and i can finish doing the wiring in the handle bars and i going to fire her up again as its fooking cold in the shed and it will do her good to get some warm lube splattered on her insides.

How come you put yourself down as challenger driver and not crewman??I always wanted to be driver but they always made me be gunner (CVRT) not MBT.Scorpions and Simitars. Great project by the way and i am still following Noise.

I was technically a Tank crewman but in my section I was the better driver as I could master driving diagonally across the bumps then just at the peak of the hill/bump I'd hard turn it to make a smoother ride plus made us a harder target. Made the gunner work a bit tho ha ha.

Betty it's still on the stand as couldn't get anyone over to help lift her off, so I started her up in stead which pissed the wife off as she's very loud and spits flames like a monster :-D

• Like 1

Got some parts coming in for betty hopefully today consistion on Kreem and a new crank breather filter. will be nipping off to Halfrauds tonight to get some more paint and wire so as that i can finish off the controls. Front wheel has gone off to Talon to be doubley trued up and tightend and will be picking it up on Friday costing a grand total of £20.

Next will be rear mudguard, speedo, sissy bar, warning light indicator, Indicators, Exhaust wrap, Petrol and T&T

Well here is how she's stands now. Nice and safe on a wheelie board.

DSC_0519_zpsfshmqsp5.jpg

DSC_0520_zpsnk1kpkie.jpg

How about a nice super short exhaust? Now fixed again after an stint in the cave last night

DSC_0522_zpsfrrivqq6.jpg

And I got my kreem delivered this morning so I can finally seal the tank and get it painted.

DSC_0524_zps8zoyn3jx.jpg

And here is the front brake cylinder all nice and black.

DSC_0523_zpssdg7vxtt.jpg

Already done mate, i had the day off work yesterday to look after my little girl and as it wasn't raining we both spent the day in the garden playing and doing motorbike related stuff.

Rang the wife up at work to get her to grab me some Gloss black, satin black and an Orange spray paint so i can get started on the tank and she rang back saying she's found two types of orange, Purgeot Orange or Ford Electric orange? but the Ford one was more floresant. I said get the Pug one but instead she got the Ford. :eusa_doh:

But im SO glad she did as its pure sex in paint form.

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One coat of black on the tank

DSC_0526_zpstxkbtpzr.jpg

And then this Sexy Candy Orange with metal fleck over the top :hyper::spin2:

DSC_0525_zpswee0qfah.jpg

Only sprayed that orange over my rear mudgaurd to see what it looked like and all it had under it was one coat of gray primer

Looking much different in the picts looks more yellow?

When painting a tank I always make sure no paint gets on the area where the cap seals,made that mistake years ago and gas got under the paint and lifted it,I now tape down past the sealing area about 1/8 inch this way the paint is never soaking in fuel and the cap covers it so you dont see it and since doing it that way never had a problem with paint lifting/bubbling.

Your not serious about the pipe,so what you doing with it ? Going for a high shot gun look?

Where its a candy its going to take about three + coats to get the full colour, have you seen the Ford Focus St's? its that colour Orange.

Fuel tank filler cap is bunged up with a replica fuel cap that i got free with the tank so shouldn't have a problem with the fuel getting under it but i will take your tip on board and use it.

Na the pipe snapped off when the bike fell off the stand ontop of my leg on Monday night, its all welded back up as it should be now, i would never run a set of pipes that short ha ha.

More paint done last night, still got a lot more to do and a design for the fuel tank but she's getting there!

DSC_0527_zpszmvbixcy.jpg

DSC_0528_zps7x70knok.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsqhwlyvik.jpg

Got a new crank case breather filter yesterday too.

DSC_0532_zpsku7crhcd.jpg