My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Don't worry bud already been doing it, great thing about working in the job I have I get shit loads of thread lock for free as the builders never use a full bottle.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well i was a busy boy over the weekend playing with my bits. im sure i took more pictures of what i done but for some reason they aint on my photobucket account so i may have drank too much and forgot to up load them.

Ive fully stripped the side casings ready to be powder coated in the next week or two then i can wrap the engine up and stick it to one side so i can get started on the frame and other bits and bobs

Any ways this is what the engine looks like so far.

DSC_0140_zps96c70e21.jpg

DSC_0142_zps56d07777.jpg

DSC_0143_zps71c41ae8.jpg

Lookin good,free thread locker thats a bonuse

Yer get many a free useful thing here, sadly not many V8's tho :(

Cheers, im sort of going for the perfectly imperfect look. Yes granted a nice shiney bike is nice to look at but the ones that look like a bag of shite have more character (as long as it starts and rides :eusa_whistle: )

Don't say that tommy he's on the right track,the bike is going to get a full once over and be reliable and fixed,remember this all started from a lack of maintence a 30 doll oil change. At 25 we all made stupid mistakes and payed for it later.He's got a little one to look after and best his ride is safe and trusty so he can get to work and home safe to look after that little one.And this bike will truely be his own bike as he will have built it from the ground up HIS WAY a thing most riders will never be able to say!

Noise a old sayin.."beauty is in the eye of the beholder",build it the way you want it to look,I've seen bikes that at first glance they look like crap but when you take the time to look,, realy look ,,they are works of art that could out perform/last shiney ones.,, Drewps flat tracker is a good example at first glance it looks like someone was on a tight budget and slaped a FT seat on and some lighting to get through a MTO,But I bet that bike handels/stops better than anyother xs and not 1 bolt or nut is going to fall off from a rushed job.Take your time and do it right and be proud of it when it's done, then when people ask you can say in full honesty "I built this bike" and Betty will be as good as any new bike.

Well things have slowed down a bit as I'm sorting out the colour for it ready for powder coating. But first need to get a sporty Fuel Tank then make the mounts for it then powder coat the frame and then I can build it at mot the thing.

I've got some more pics but not at work till Wednesday as off for a few days for my birthday.

:birthday: hope it's a good one!

Well things are still on a go slow, gunna be buying the powder for the powder coating on payday, and got a chap coming out to do some welding for me, so going to have my exhaust re done short and stumpy with a 90 degree kick out, them cubby holes under the seat are going and replaced with a 50 cal ammo box for the battery and fuses and not to forget the chain sissy bar slash mud guard strut.

Frame is now up on the work mate so that i can start looking at what to do with regards to the battery and fuses etc, also im gettin gmy fuel tank back to night after 4 months of it being out for repair after that chap crashed his car into my garden and i can see what it will look like on the bike, if not i shall sell it and put the dollar towards a new tank.

DSC_0168_zps50731d0b.jpg

DSC_0169_zps5800f56b.jpg

DSC_0170_zpsd3007077.jpg

And yes...........................my tools are all still in there places after ive used them :P

DSC_0172_zpsaa8defb0.jpg

Work done last night

Yet more things ready for powder coating

DSC_0189_zps944dcde9.jpg

DSC_0191_zpsec651ce2.jpg

DSC_0192_zps5571f79b.jpg

• Like 1

Well got into the shed last night and had a little play, didn't do much apart from mocking up a few bits and to see what things will look like, really not keen and the fuel tank now wiith the new bars so im hoping there will be some thing at the Haynes auto jumble this week end.

Old tank with new bars and grips, tank just looks too bulky

DSC_0196_zps0b8ffae5.jpg

DSC_0198_zps8ea73da7.jpg

DSC_0197_zpsdcfccb0c.jpg

New location for the battery, will be making a box for it to go in along with the fuses.

DSC_0195_zps2250537e.jpg

Rear mudguard

DSC_0199_zpsfa4ce786.jpg

All in all its looking good but the tank is letting it down now, once thats done and ive god a battery box made up and a few brackets to mount the tank done i can get the frame powdered and start putting things back on it.

looking good so far ,It's going to be a 1 off not a carbon copy. Not sure if it's in the budget or you have the means, but have you considered the option of sectioning the tank,like cutting say a inch out of each side of the tank and welding it back together.?

Sadly mate don't have the know how nor the wonga to do that to the tank plus not sure if there is anyone in my general area that can do it so just getting my hands on someone else's garage throw out will be the better cheaper option.

Yup gunna be my One off bike, break the mould and have a bike that only I and a select few weirdos like my self like ha ha. Just getting that itch and want the thing done so I can get on a ride.

one good thing about that tank is it will give you a good range ,sometime's cosmetic's aren't practical especial when fuel station's seem to be closing down all over, also you can change the tank anytime in the future and maybe keep that one for longer trips

Na Tommy, its gotta go ha ha, yer i can get good range with it but its like having a REALLY sexy girl friend but she is 42 stone.....................your happy but not really happy

Na Tommy, its gotta go ha ha, yer i can get good range with it but its like having a REALLY sexy girl friend but she is 42 stone.....................your happy but not really happy

A 42 stone sexy girlfriend!!! that's some imagination you have there noise,

keep taking the medication mate :biglaugha:

Some guys are into the larger woman tho Tommy (like so!)

:shakeno: