Council tax and how the feds spend your doe...

Guest JMW
This post is 7077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is how the local feds mis-spend the council tax fees.

I'm really disgusted at this because being a full council tax payer and not working at the mo, I'd like to see their budget spent carefully.

3 nights ago, some local scroat visits a nursing home at 2am and kicks off the charity collection box from the main entrance wall and legs it. Nice Christmas spirit eh... ?

Naturally, the nursing home dial 999 and help is almost immediately on the way. Within 5 - 10 mins there are 3 beat cars and an incident car on site. That's a head count of 7.

They do a search of the area and find nowt so they call in Oscar85(dog unit) and Oscar99(air support). Remember, it's cold and in the middle of the night so a track or heat image should be easy.

Both tactical support untis arrive inside 15 mins, they do a scan and track of the area. The thermal imager on the (German made) helicopter picks up a small heat trace and direct the ground units at it - they lose the trace and find nothing.

At 2.30am the FCR get a call from a MOP living nearby saying there's a man hiding under some boxes at the rear of her garden - naturally, they all go for it as it's bound to be their target and take up points around the area. By 3am Oscar99 has to return to refuel so the ground units send in the dog and find .......... .......

NOTHING.

Except, a mars bar wrapper, an empty coin box and some footprints leading to a drive way and some bicycle tyre tracks going down the drive to the main road.

The thief got away on a push bike !

6 units totalling 10 coppers and a dog plus an hour of flight time for the heliicopter - think of the cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ gotta be around a grand - if not more ?

The estimated value of cash in the box - under £5

Why not pour it down the pan or reduce council tax bills ?

:?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The timings not bad though, When I was beaten up in my own home it only took the police 4 hours to get there. my daughter who lives 50 miles from me was here before them. but there are loads of things they waste money on. the worst I think is when they leave big holes in the roads, then come the end of the finacial year they have to spend all the money they have not spent so they dig up roads that don't need doing and leave even more holes or drains and man holes sticking up, and putting in stupid round a bouts where they are not needed.

the worst I think is when they leave big holes in the roads, then come the end of the finacial year they have to spend all the money they have not spent so they dig up roads that don't need doing and leave even more holes or drains and man holes sticking up, and putting in stupid round a bouts where they are not needed.

too true!!