Starter motor turning wrong way

Billym247
This post is 4690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,i have a honda xr250 baja (sorry i know its not a yamaha but i dont know where else to ask)and the starter motor was knackered, so i bought one off ebay from another honda bike as it was the same measurements, as there are none about. It fits fine and everything but it turns the wrong way.... And i was wondering if there is anyway to make it turn the opposite way.

I Would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

P.s sorry its about a honda, i just know i always get an answer off this website, because yoour all very clever ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i, thanks, i tried the connectors reversed but it did not work the starter motor so i put the old brushes from the original starter motor in the new one and it works, the only thing thats wrong is i had to use the back off the original one, so the screws do not go in so i will have to make a bracket :P

Thanks guys B)

That the funny thing with motors, just swapping the connectors won't make every motor run backwards. If you reversed the feild coils but kept the connectors the same then it would run the other way. this isn't always possible due to the design of the windings. Some motors you can do this to but not all

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online