XS 250 Sidestand Spring

Old School
This post is 4715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Spring snapped yesterday and I am trying to find a new replacement. Anybody know if the RD ones fit, as there seems to be loadsa those available on ebay. Distance between pins looks to be about 120mm.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spring snapped yesterday and I am trying to find a new replacement. Anybody know if the RD ones fit, as there seems to be loadsa those available on ebay. Distance between pins looks to be about 120mm.

get one from yamaha, it fits real good ;)

90506-28100 is the part number

Cheers Drewpy, will give it a try, but was told by my local "dealer" that they were discontinued. :blink:

A good opporchancity for a thread hi-jack

Oldschool and others can sit at the back of the class with their arms folded-nodding, knowingly

Tip for fitting a very tight spring, i.e. side or centre stand type.

If you bend the spring the coils open up slightly-slip as many washers, bits of broken lolly sticks, penny pieces etc as you can along the length of the spring (alternating sides as you go)-this will make it longer-and you can slip the ends onto the pins with ease.

no swearing and throwing/kicking things were involved in the making of this 'top-tip'

I thang yu

;)

A good opporchancity for a thread hi-jack

Oldschool and others can sit at the back of the class with their arms folded-nodding, knowingly

Tip for fitting a very tight spring, i.e. side or centre stand type.

If you bend the spring the coils open up slightly-slip as many washers, bits of broken lolly sticks, penny pieces etc as you can along the length of the spring (alternating sides as you go)-this will make it longer-and you can slip the ends onto the pins with ease.

no swearing and throwing/kicking things were involved in the making of this 'top-tip'

I thang yu

;)

Good shout there barkwindjammer. Helps to keep the skin on your knuckles a bit longer :rolleyes: !

Good shout there barkwindjammer. Helps to keep the skin on your knuckles a bit longer :rolleyes: !

Thanks for that tip barkwindjammer ,I took the paint off a few weeks ago ,and did slipped screwdriver trick :o with same job will remember this tip.

Thanks

Phil