XT225 £800 worth it?

This post is 5753 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

a mate of mine is selling his yammy XT225.

he said he'd sell to me for £800! i think its a J reg not sure of millage!

i've got a dt125lc at the moment, (havent even ridden :cry: ) what sort of jump it terms of power would an xt offer?

would it be worth the upgrade?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I imagine that it would offer a bit more torque, but @ the expense of some added weight. :? Probably a pretty even trade off.....& XT's are pretty reliable too. :wink:

1 thing to watch out for, is that some of them have a nylon drive gear for the oil pump that's a bit dodgy.....but I think that's on the older models......not really sure.

If it's in good shape, it sounds like a pretty fair deal. :wink:

• 1 year later...

interesting, i'll have a look at it and see what shape its in.

So Twisted, i have one in BRazil, is a pretty bike and fun to use on-road intensively...on off-road is not a beter performance, but transformed to SuperMotard, like my bike, it reveals a power of grip incredible in corners and jumps......to trainning and relaz, it´s a good option.

[ ] ´s

• 2 years later...

So Twisted, i have one in BRazil, is a pretty bike and fun to use on-road intensively...on off-road is not a beter performance, but transformed to SuperMotard, like my bike, it reveals a power of grip incredible in corners and jumps......to trainning and relaz, it´s a good option.

[ ] ´s

Xt225 better know as Serows are probably the best "trail Bike" ever built. I mean trail bike, not the modern more enduro MX bikes of today.

I have had serows for years, they will go anywhere and go twice as far on a tank of petrol than most modern bikes.

I even use mine for enduro's, and rarely am I out of the top third of the field, which for a 58 year old geezer on a 20 hp bike ain't bad. I have even managed a third in class.

and of course they are bullet proof both in the engine and chasis, you can't break one. if it was possible I would have done it by now.

Often underestimated and certain to wipe the smile of some pukka enduro riders faces.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online