82 XS400

This post is 4512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought an 82 Yamaha xs400 maxim(I'm honestly not sure how the 400's work.. there seems to be a dozen variations). Went and saw it friday, rode it about 10 miles or so and fell in love. Checked over the bike and everything seemed good.. no real leaks anywhere, just some chain oil kicked up. Starts great and rides even better. Best part is that it was 1200$ :) :) Since having it home I've looked it over closer and the front fork seals need replacing and the tires don't have too much left on them. Also its a terrible rattle can everywhere and it needs a panel for some exposed electronics. Going to see about ebaying that part and then I am debating sanding down the parts and rattle canning on some white paint.

Pics!

When I got her home:

IMG_20110521_180304.jpg

Strapped up and heading back home after I picked it up.

IMG_20110521_174319.jpg

And I just like this one:

IMG_20110521_174338.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum.

Fairly rare bikes , so keep an eye out for sapres in fleebay

• 7 months later...

Drewpy,

How rare is rare?

not many made, there is a good following in Germany and occasionally they also turn up in USA. the rest of the world not so good as they didn't sell well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online