about to perchance an r6 200-2003 what one

matt wrx
This post is 4739 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looking to get an r6

i have 3.5k to spend

i'm interested in low insurance all pre 2004 are group 14 witch is a bonus when your 22.

2000-2003

Love the 2003 the most upto date without going to group 15.

The only problem i can see is its the first edition to have fuel injection (was this a problem)

are the earlier carb'd models a better ride?

thanks in advance matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looking to get an r6

i have 3.5k to spend

i'm interested in low insurance all pre 2004 are group 14 witch is a bonus when your 22.

2000-2003

Love the 2003 the most upto date without going to group 15.

The only problem i can see is its the first edition to have fuel injection (was this a problem)

are the earlier carb'd models a better ride?

thanks in advance matt

Matt when looking at any Race Replica just apply some real common sense. Go for lower mileage (less thrashing) and better condition. It is a buyers market, so don't buy anything that raises any doubts in your mind. Try to go for a fuel-injected model, as they tend to be more reliable. Look for a caring owner with service history (nothing wrong if they have done it themself - imho ). And only buy with sensible modifications, not daft paint-jobs or bolt on tat. Avoid anything that has racy exhaust if the owner does not have the original in with the deal.

Look at lots, heck you may be able to bid sellers down if you are the only person viewing.

im looking to buy a top end 2003 then as its fuel injection and group 14 insurance.

low milage is a must for me ive got time and am planning to buy in the winter months close to xmass for a real steal

im looking to buy a top end 2003 then as its fuel injection and group 14 insurance.

low milage is a must for me ive got time and am planning to buy in the winter months close to xmass for a real steal

You don't buy close to christmas you buy after at the end of January begining of Feb before the weather brakes, the credit card bill is in and eveybody is sick of being wet and cold.

Bad news is that age of bike will most likely be above average mileage or a track addict. Nature of the beast. They are not loved, more whipped like a racehorse.

You hope is a loved example that has been treated gently, trouble is that may cause greif because its never stretched its legs.

If its not going to be main transport, as R6's rarely are.........

Why not look to something with a bit more. How about a TZR250, 130mph and with minor tweaks handling that will embarass most normal R6's especially tired 10year old ones, none of the "couldn't afford an R1 then crap" add looks and cudos in spades (so long as its white and red) AND for 3.5k you can get a proper tiny milage minter and change for track days/leathers etc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online