Hello motorbike world!

This post is 4734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi fellow bike fanatics.

I am a new member, im 20 from essex in england!

I am in trouble with my bike at the moment.. the engine on my Yamaha dt 125R 2004 seems to have siezed up. The enginge wont turn over even with a bumpstart, the back wheel stays locked.

Is there any other way to test if the engine is siezed?

I think I may need to take the engine off so I can send it away to be fixed, a full enginge rebuild is available on eBay for 300pounds.

Any help or diagrams or step by step to taking the engine off.. I have all the tools etc..

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi fellow bike fanatics.

I think I may need to take the engine off so I can send it away to be fixed, a full enginge rebuild is available on eBay for 300pounds.

Thanks!

FF sake, if you have the mechanical ability to remove the motor then you have the ability to fix a top end sieze on a 2 stroke.

A manual, rebore and piston and some gaskets will be nowhere near 300quid, and engine rebuild from ebay :blink: , what next?

Hi fellow bike fanatics.

I am a new member, im 20 from essex in england!

I am in trouble with my bike at the moment.. the engine on my Yamaha dt 125R 2004 seems to have siezed up. The enginge wont turn over even with a bumpstart, the back wheel stays locked.

Is there any other way to test if the engine is siezed?

Any help or diagrams or step by step to taking the engine off.. I have all the tools etc..

Thanks!

hi and welcome, as cynic said if you have the tools and a manual with a bit of confidence you can do it, it's a two stroke engine and one of the simplest designs, I wouldn't go near Evel bay for something like this, if in Dowt try to get to know the local bike mechanics for help! :)