650 Dragstar rear tyre choice

Leatherat
This post is 4734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok......Just looked at the wear bars on the rear tyre of my XVS650 and I think it's about time I changed from slicks to intermediates.

At present I have a Bridgestone 170/80/15 G702 R on the back which I'm quite happy with. What does everyone else run/recommend?

I seem to have a choice between........

Bridgestone 170/80S15 BS G702 R = £ 112.04

Bridgestone 170/80S15 BS G546 R = £ 112.04

Avon 170/80HB15 AV VENOM R TL = £ 98.41

Continental 170/80H15 CO CM2 R TL = £ 116.48

Dunlop 170/80S15 DU D404 R TT = £ 123.12

possibly some others but my head's starting to swim now.

Whad'ya reckon?????????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Avon Venoms front and rear.

Excellent grip in all weathers (even quite good on snow) and they last many thousands of miles!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks for the replies. After wading through the mountains of information gleened from the various 650 owners on this site, I opted for the Bridgestone G702 again. This decission was mainly influenced by availabvility in the end. I rode the bike into Pro-tyre of Bristol, who did the job very efficeintly & relieved me of £130.00.

Once again, my heart felt thanks go out to all of you who took the time to reply with suggestions, it would be somewhat crass to name names, but you know who you are. :banghead:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online