Xj6N - Sliders

AdamFozz
This post is 4745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Everybody,

I just wondered if anyone has found any front fork sliders/bobbins that are compatible with the XJ6. Any links would be great.

AdamFozz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive added to the noob section. I did check ebay but I think the issue is that the axle on the front of the XJ6 is solid so the usual bobbins that have a rod inside the axle wont fit.

Plus on the other side the end of the bolt just sits flush...so I guess there is no solution to fork bobbin for the xj6.

Adam_Fozz

Ive added to the noob section. I did check ebay but I think the issue is that the axle on the front of the XJ6 is solid so the usual bobbins that have a rod inside the axle wont fit.

Plus on the other side the end of the bolt just sits flush...so I guess there is no solution to fork bobbin for the xj6.

Adam_Fozz

You not like engine bars then?

Fork sliders are a bit much really, most accidents/offs will trash the forks somehow.

If the motor and bodywork is coverd thats as far as you need go really.

Fork sliders are a bit much really, most accidents/offs will trash the forks somehow.

If the motor and bodywork is coverd thats as far as you need go really.

I swear by engine bars. I dont think i'll have another bike without some sort of protection cause of the great scottish weather

Yea, I have sliders to protect the engine and fuel tank, but I did have an off on my old MT03 and it trashed the bottom of the forks as they made contact with the road. The swingarm is also a bugger for getting caught on the road as well. So paddock bobbins are a pretty good choice in my opinion.

I guess the point on the forks being bent in alot of accidents is valid though, since if thats the case you need new forks either way.

Adam_Fozz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online