Got new tyres

DirtyDT
This post is 4750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got the new tyres fitted to the SV today as planned. The bike seems to go where I point it better but that is not surprising seeing how squared off the old ones were. Nice and smooth ride home of about 20 miles whilst I start to scrub them in, but feeling good. I ended up getting Avon SP2 Sport on the rear and Avon SP2 Supersport on the front. Fitted at MTS in Nottingham and although I had to wait a fair while because he was very busy (not a bad thing in itself) I was pleased with the service, free tea and general biker chat with the other guys getting their tyres done. Based on today I would recommend them.

tyre.jpg

Lets see how long they last!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ohhh, rubber.

Watch them in the rain, i've tried sporty avons twice and they work great in the dry but i never had confidence in the wet. They didn't last long either, sides wore out before the centre? Could have been me though.

I would have gone for the pilot road 2 myself.

Cheers Cynic.

I have done 60 miles on them now and already getting close to the edges. Very sticky and I can't see them lasting. The tread pattern is good so I will see what joys the wet roads bring :lol:. There is a big following for the Avon Storm Ultra's on the Sv's but I wanted stickier without the fun of pulling the bike out of a hedge.

DSC00781.jpg

I got this today, lucky me...!!! It is actually quite lucky as I was going to get new tyres yesterday but got delayed at work so missed the shop. Thinking of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmarts, anyone had experience of those tyres?? = £190 for front and rear...

Graham

............... Thinking of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmarts, anyone had experience of those tyres?? = £190 for front and rear...

They get a good score in "Bike" magazine tyre comparison table.

DSC00781.jpg

I got this today, lucky me...!!! It is actually quite lucky as I was going to get new tyres yesterday but got delayed at work so missed the shop. Thinking of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmarts, anyone had experience of those tyres?? = £190 for front and rear...

Graham

Iv'e got roadsmarts on my fazer and I like them rear has squared off at 6.5k getting a new one next week

That'll do me - getting them fitted tomorrow so should be back on the road soon :) [my 1300 is no good filtering through rush hour traffic]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online