Dt125 starting/running issues

wizzer
This post is 4767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i'v got a dt125lc3 and i am having some running problems. Firstly the bike was working fine then it gradually became like this. It is almost impossible to start i have to repeatedly bump start it down a hill to get it going, when it does run it miss fires consantly and wont rev. As it warms up it gets a little better but not by much when i try to rev the bike it just stops firing then cuts back in when the revs drop.

What i have done:

Cleaned out the carb twice with commpressed air

Inspected the reads (thought they might be broken)

Checked all conections visually

Possible problem: I checked the secondary ignition coil resistance and it was spot on what the book says K5.9 ohm

but the primary measured at 0.23ohm and in the book it says it should be 10ohm.

There is a spark but it looks a little weak

When the bike was working when i washed it i would have similar symtoms but after the bike warmed up they would go away.

Thanks for the help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi " sounds like the HT lead,- or coil - , plug. If damp was bothering it before, Alway replace the cheapest component first, , :)

Awright cheers for that Blackhat i'v already replaced the plug and i think i'l replace the cap as it's cheap

Do you think with the low resistace in the primary it could be a short circuit

Not shure wizzar, Old git , is better with the ohm meter, ;) , he will reply when back online,

Anyway little update took the ignition coil out and discovered the ht lead just about fell off it was that perished

ordered a new coil and plug cap. Should there be any resistance through the plug cap even if its a non supresed type?

The cap on mine gave k7.1ohms, to me this seems like alot of strain on a small ignition system.

Anyway little update took the ignition coil out and discovered the ht lead just about fell off it was that perished

ordered a new coil and plug cap. Should there be any resistance through the plug cap even if its a non supresed type?

The cap on mine gave k7.1ohms, to me this seems like alot of strain on a small ignition system.

There should be no resistance through a non suppressed plug cap, yours must have a loose connection and is best replaced, also the ig primary is low as you say so youre doing right by replacing both IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Got it sorted, it was either the coil or ht lead. First thing to do now is go a wee run i think

Thanks for all the help AGAIN!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online