1991 DT 50 speed limited

hectic
This post is 4694 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good day for Kiwi Land.

My project is coming along very nicely.

Wiring all done new sprockets and chain. brakes are sweet. and I have now connected my LED indicators thanks to the help of the excellent forum. Thanks guys.

Okay now I have a new problem my bike accelerates excellent to a speed of 60Km but once it gets here the splutters constantly. I have removed the ring on the front exhaust and removed the rear baffle. But still she is stuck on 60Km. It feels like she is restricted on 60km. I would be happy to get about 80km.

Please can all the Guru's out there share the knowledge and expertise?

Thank you for the wise knowledge you are got to share with me.

Kind Regards

hectic

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This probably won't help but, I had a dt50 from new in 1990 it would only do 60kpm flat out lying on the tank ;-) From memory (if its the original yam exhaust) removing the front pipe and extracting the tube that inside, new reeds, rejet ? I don't think you will get much more out of it as Yamaha built them to go 60kmp for the moped laws

Cheers

Steve

This probably won't help but, I had a dt50 from new in 1990 it would only do 60kpm flat out lying on the tank ;-) From memory (if its the original yam exhaust) removing the front pipe and extracting the tube that inside, new reeds, rejet ? I don't think you will get much more out of it as Yamaha built them to go 60kmp for the moped laws

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thank you for the tip I will try the Reeds and re jet.

Once again thank you.

Hector

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Just spoke to a Yamaha mechanic from a Yamaha dealer in South Africa. SA DT50 top speed is 90Km per hour as factory std. Front sprocket 13 rear 48. His advice was clean out all the carbon in the exhaust clean out the carb and ensure the jets are clean. will try this and leave some feedback.

Regards

Hectic

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve

Just spoke to a Yamaha mechanic from a Yamaha dealer in South Africa. SA DT50 top speed is 90Km per hour as factory std. Front sprocket 13 rear 48. His advice was clean out all the carbon in the exhaust clean out the carb and ensure the jets are clean. will try this and leave some feedback.

Regards

Hectic

Hi All ok so now my DT is getting 80km I removed the ring at the front of the exhaust pipe, and did the exhaust port in the barrel removed the excess casting. But I have mail ordered a 70cc kit from the UK and received it yesterday. One question if i install the new kit must I do mobs to the carb? if yes what size jets do I need?

Regards

Hectic

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online