xvs 125 number plate side mount

Paulwhite
This post is 4774 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondered if there was a number plate side mount for the xvs 125?? was gonna make one but im running out of time to complete the build so buying one will save me a load of time .....that if there is one lol.

oh and it needs to be on the left of the bike (dont know what side they do)

il be searching on google in a mo but if anyone spots one or knows of where to get one can they give me a shout B)

cheers.

.Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just wondered if there was a number plate side mount for the xvs 125?? was gonna make one but im running out of time to complete the build so buying one will save me a load of time .....that if there is one lol.

oh and it needs to be on the left of the bike (dont know what side they do)

il be searching on google in a mo but if anyone spots one or knows of where to get one can they give me a shout B)

cheers.

.Paul.

Hi Paul,

was looking for one as well and stumbled over that ebay seller (Republique Racing):

http://stores.ebay.d...3&_sid=18467721

These are 205mm x 205mm, so roughly 8" x 8"... maybe he has other carrier plate sizes for "foreign" customers.

Cheers,

--Pete

P.S.: Sorry, didn't have the time yet to introduce myself to the forum. I'm considering a bobber conversion of my XVS125... find your work very interesting!

On the other hand, now that CCW sells a 250cc Bobber for 5000 CHF (which makes 3500 GBP) - 125cc version coming soon - ... this puts things into another perspective.

Hi Paul,

was looking for one as well and stumbled over that ebay seller (Republique Racing):

http://stores.ebay.d...3&_sid=18467721

These are 205mm x 205mm, so roughly 8" x 8"... maybe he has other carrier plate sizes for "foreign" customers.

Cheers,

--Pete

P.S.: Sorry, didn't have the time yet to introduce myself to the forum. I'm considering a bobber conversion of my XVS125... find your work very interesting!

On the other hand, now that CCW sells a 250cc Bobber for 5000 CHF (which makes 3500 GBP) - 125cc version coming soon - ... this puts things into another perspective.

cheers m8 :D and its alot of work to bobber an xvs 125 but i plan to keep the bike for a while so its worth it ....for me anyway B)

cheers m8 iv seen them on google but it dont look like it will attach as the mount hole is too wide

cheers m8 :D and its alot of work to bobber an xvs 125 but i plan to keep the bike for a while so its worth it ....for me anyway B)

I'd love to do the conversion myself... but won't have much time after work, prefer to spend time with my family... and with labour costs here in Switzerland it'll end up more expensive than a Heist from CCW.... powder-coated wheels and lamp, white walls, custom fender, bobber seat, possibly peanut tank... not to talk about the trouble with the Swiss "MOT" ;)

Good luck for you project... would love to see more recent pix!

Cheers,

--Pete

Could you not use a washer on the side where the bolt would go through or find a piece of hollow bar to sleeve it down a bit?

no its not that. iv only got 10mm spare on the bolt (if i remove the washer) and the mount looks like its about 15 to 20mm. if im paying that kind of money i dont want to be cutting it . plus it has a light ....which i dont need so its a case of take it off and cut off the bracket for it.

too much cutting involved. id rather buy one that i can just buy and fit on. if i cant find one then il make one ......might make a few to sell on here lol. any offers on price? lmao

I'd love to do the conversion myself... but won't have much time after work, prefer to spend time with my family... and with labour costs here in Switzerland it'll end up more expensive than a Heist from CCW.... powder-coated wheels and lamp, white walls, custom fender, bobber seat, possibly peanut tank... not to talk about the trouble with the Swiss "MOT" ;)

Good luck for you project... would love to see more recent pix!

Cheers,

--Pete

well the only majour mods iv done is the engine change and cut the rear fender mount off. the rest is just cosmetic. and im going to post an update when iv got some more things done. its not looking any diferant at the moment.

If you do make one don't forget to show us a pic mate

will do m8 :D

paul soz to hijack your thread but , quick question xv250 in the xvs 125 frame ? easy swap ?

Having had a poke around a XVS250 a while ago, I'd say pretty much a straight swap, but I await correction.

The problem is finding a 250 motor.

littlepig

i cant see why not. the xvs 125 is exactly the same frame as the 250 so makes sense that the mounts are in the same place.

so yeah should be a straight swap......ish

think you would have to get hold of the 250 cdi unit, carb and filter....think the exhaust is the same ...but not sure on that one.

i think all they have done to the 125 version is swap the crank, pistons and cylinders in the engine then got a cdi to suit. all from the 250.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online