DT125RE Re-Build

Guest Mozzer
This post is 3771 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Mozzer

I recently bought my DT125RE 2004 over a week ago, I paid £825.00 for the bike, taxed and tested, the lad who I bought it off had not looked after the bike and had no clue what so ever as you can see by the rear light wiring lol, although from the first picture, it looks in good order however, thers alot of work which needs doing, I could of just ridden it how it was but I like a good looking bike tbh.

I started striping the bike down last week and it is now fully stripped, engines on the bench in need of a good clean, I will post a before and after picture when a get chance, the other pictures aren’t very good they where only for my reference, I have just got my swing arm sand blasted and going to get all the brackets and frame ect powder coated black.

The tank also need re-painting, so I am in need of a full graphics kit and I am fancying the kit in the picture below, im not too keen on it tbh but just cant find what I want anywhere.

I had to buy a rear calliper and found one on ebay, the original one was smashed by the previous owner because he let the pads wear down too much and got the piston stuck on the disk and decided to hit it with a brick to un-stick it :S < what a fuk up lol, came as a full rear set-up (£46.00 posted)

In need of a rear disk as the one I have is bent, the clocks are in need of modification, the plastic is smashed which holds them together and to the bike :/.

Apart from tarting the bike up ect, the engine is sweet and it’s had a re-build about 1000 miles ago, professionally lol

let me what you ppl think :D

dtrgraphics.jpg

dtr.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good one mozzer, it is in very poor condition and it looks like it found you just in time ;)

isnt there someone in Portugal who does graphics kits? I think I saw something on here once.

Hmm the frame...personally I like the original mettalised blue colour myself, black is a bit boring. Its going to look mint when youve done it, be sure to keep us updated with progress and pics. Ohh and a tail tidy is available for that model too.

Guest Mozzer

yeh i no i was unsure with making the frame black and still could change my mind, i will have to see, i need to get it sorted n i will let u know :)

moz

Guest Mozzer

iv had the back swinger sand blasted and a dent taken out, got a bit of oil on the swinger from my mucky hands, oops lol also had to weld a new nut on the disc protector guard attachment thing, beause that was threaded too :) it looks pretty much new again, just needs painting.

i also got a quote for all my bits to be powder coated (£100.00) that includes acid dipping the frame and brackets, but still unsure of colour of the frame :/, i do like the look of the DT125X, the frame looks good black but i will have to see lol :)

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

moz

iv had the back swinger sand blasted and a dent taken out, got a bit of oil on the swinger from my mucky hands, oops lol also had to weld a new nut on the disc protector guard attachment thing, beause that was threaded too :) it looks pretty much new again, just needs painting.

i also got a quote for all my bits to be powder coated (£100.00) that includes acid dipping the frame and brackets, but still unsure of colour of the frame :/, i do like the look of the DT125X, the frame looks good black but i will have to see lol :)

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

moz

Be sure to get all that oil off before painting / stoving.

If you are stoving it dont forget to remove the pivot bushes. ;)

Guest Mozzer

yeh i no would be a shame to screw it up lol :)

anyone know the paint codes for the tank and frame for these iv seen a post on this but no one has had a strait anser?

moz

If you Email Philippe at the motofiled eBay shop and see if he can get them in, I've been dealing with him quite a lot the past few weeks

and he goes above and beyond the call of duty, unfortunately most of the stuff he does is specifically for the DTR's due to the immense following

they have in portugal. Worth a try none the less!!

Be interesting to see the finished product :)

Best of luck

Guest Mozzer

yeh definately worth a try :D, i will follow up on that cheers :D, i will post some piks up of my progress soon, maybe today if i can find the piks i have taken :)

moz

• 1 month later...
Guest Mozzer

Well it has been while since i last posted, since then i have had my frame and other bits powder coated, i went with matt black frame (looks awsome), and gloss black swing arm, i am also currently spraying the fawk legs gloss black, i still need to re-paint my tank, i didnt have any luck with that guy from portugal he only really deals with the older dtr, so any help on the paint code ect would be great, if not im going to go to a car painting shop which my dads friend owns where he may be able to sort it out, i have cleaned the engine and other parts, i just need to laquer the fork legs and crack on getting it back togeather :), view welcome

cheers moz

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...