Givi box for YBR

AndrewYBR
This post is 4805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again,

I am picking my new ~YBR up on Tuesday, and plan to use it for the odd dry run to work... I need to take folders, paperwork, packed lunch bla bla bla to work with me (bad habbit from having a car for the last 8 years of my life... so I'm thinking I need some sort of top box. from looking on the GIVI website, they don't have my YBR on the 'choose bike find accessories' section. does this mean there are no givi boxes available for my new bike???

Also, when wearing a rucksack on a bike, does it blow around and create drag?

(i'm new to riding so a bit confused by it all?)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Practically any will fit , you just have to decide on what size you need & if you want a removable or fixed one.

Look on ebay YBR's for sale,theres always some with givi boxes on to give you an idea .

I went for a Tech7 26l top box from ebay for £30 including delivery. Fitting is easy as you use the existing rack to attach the supplied plate that the box screws onto. So far it proved to be totally waterproof, but today one of the metal spindles that keeps the hinge in place fell out. I found a long thin screw and used that instead. It will not fall out.

Hello again,

I am picking my new ~YBR up on Tuesday, and plan to use it for the odd dry run to work... I need to take folders, paperwork, packed lunch bla bla bla to work with me (bad habbit from having a car for the last 8 years of my life... so I'm thinking I need some sort of top box. from looking on the GIVI website, they don't have my YBR on the 'choose bike find accessories' section. does this mean there are no givi boxes available for my new bike???

Also, when wearing a rucksack on a bike, does it blow around and create drag?

(i'm new to riding so a bit confused by it all?)

Don't rate top boxes myself. Theiving to rags can try and open them to see whats inside, and unless you can park close to work how do you get the contents in from the bike, in another bag so why carry 2.

A rucksac is best, oxford ones are pretty good. I have one that comes with a base that fitts securely to the rack and expands to double in size should i want big stuff in it.

Otherwise its big enough for sarnies and my flask with a couple of map books and when i get where i'm going it is a perfectly good rucksac in its own right. Its been in constant use for getting on 3 years and apart from being a bit grubby its fine.

Just make sure you get something that has reasonably stiff material, not one of the lightweight hiker things as they wear out easily and flap like a dead chicken. Adjustable straps that fit over your biggest wintery coat (not all do) and a waist strap to keep it central and tight on your back are also worthwhile.

I only have a box , because it came with the bike & it's a givi monolock quick release one , so I can take it off in seconds ,

but still too cumbersome to carry about . PersonalyI wouldn't buy one myself , prefer & use a rucksack most of the time .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online