Hello all, New Rider with a old Yamaha here..

Kyo
This post is 4781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Every One, I am New Here.

The Name is Forrest But feel Free to Call me "Kyo" Every one has since elementary school.. I just got Back From Picking Up My First motorcycle a few days ago.

A 1973 Yamaha RT3 360 I picked up for around 6 C-notes. It starts runs and has a clean tittle. as far as i can tell it is complete other then the Turn signals front and rear..

Here is a photo of my Bike the Morning after I piked her up..

MyNew1973YamahaRT3.jpg

DSCN1510.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

However She now Needs a new Front Brake lever (which I will be ordering on Mon.) I have been Practice Riding around my Back Property and She went down slow and easy.

Cold Metal and a little bit of shock resulted in a Broken Front Brake Lever.. other then that as far as i can tell the only other thing hurt was my confidence..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Kyo,

Nice bike, looks amazing for it's age.

Good on ya, no one rides their bikes here in the snow. Pussys.

I'm also new(ish) to this forum. Seems like a friendly and helpful place. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Nick. P.S. where is that snowy place you live in?

• 1 month later...

Kyo,

great bike! I've acquired 2 RT3s over the last year with the view of restoring one to original and the other close to original, but not so good that I'll be afraid to drop it in the bush. I'm in Melbourne Oz. and the RTs are pretty scarce out here. One is was the same colour as yours (but currently red) and the other is a rare one; metallic dark grey with silver oil tank. I figure its a very late Japanese 'home market' model that found its way down under.

Yours' looks pretty close to complete.... I envy you. Mine are both basket cases, but I'll get there.

cheers

paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online