random juddering

1988rocco
This post is 4731 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey i am new to this forum, i joined and introduced myself a few weeks back. my dragstar 125 started playing up today, when i pull off its like the bike clicks out of gear now and then, its stays in gear just feels like it losses power and throws me forward for a split second, its when i accelerate quickly, and happens in all gears. any one shed any light on my situation. To top things off my MR2 is giving me problems as well :( cheers people

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi" throws you forward? is the engine runnig smooth ?, and the sprockets are they worn ? worn sprockets would jump and jerk , is there a noise ?

hey i am new to this forum, i joined and introduced myself a few weeks back. my dragstar 125 started playing up today, when i pull off its like the bike clicks out of gear now and then, its stays in gear just feels like it losses power and throws me forward for a split second, its when i accelerate quickly, and happens in all gears. any one shed any light on my situation. To top things off my MR2 is giving me problems as well :( cheers people

Check the chain tension and condition of the sprockets, set as per the manual. If the chain is too stretched, it could be jumping teeth under load.

Check the chain tension and condition of the sprockets, set as per the manual. If the chain is too stretched, it could be jumping teeth under load.

Cheers dudes, have checked and the chain is much looser than it should be so will be tightening that up later today. Will report back on how it goes. Im so glad there are forums like this about :)

• 3 months later...

keep a close eye on it mate

sprocket.jpg

this was about a week after i had the bike but cost me van rental and a driver to recover it as i hadnt been able to sort out breakdown cover yet