FZR600 Complete Rebuild

karlbentley
This post is 4818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

found a place just round the corner, never new it was there lol, £135 for sand blast and powder coat. not sure what ill do yet, see how the finances go.

Thats a nice bike for a good price! Ive got a later model fzr600r and its a great bike and really easy to wok on. If you havent already have a look on fzronline.com they have loads of info about these bikes and close up pictures. Good luck.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

found a place just round the corner, never new it was there lol, £135 for sand blast and powder coat. not sure what ill do yet, see how the finances go.

Hi there Karl! Very nice project and well done on getting it for £100!! £135 Is quite reasonable I'd say for a sand blast and powder coat, no harm in shopping around though :)

Best of luck with this, I'm eager to see how this turns out.

triple s charge about £100 plus postage for powder coating, so that's sounds great. Trust me get it done by motorcycle powder coaters, not garden gate vendors. I had a test peice done from one of the garden gate coaters and it was shite, more orange peel than oranges!! :(

Your would need to csand blast that frame anyway, so let the pro's do it. Just make sure you degrease everything first or the powder will take on a sheen when its heated up.

BTW, start looking for new stancions on ebay etc as they will need doing and to rechrome is another £135!!

drewps

184343_1861415979653_1368556950_2134029_6896106_n.jpg

well i now have the wiring loom and the engine off.

REAR BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER,is being a right ass. ive oiled the allen key bolts. but when i get the allen key to it they just bend. any idears on how i can get this off.

REAR BRAKE TORSION BAR, i have got the left bolt off but the one on the right wont move, ive oiled it loads and gentley hit it with a hammer, ive split to 12mm sockets down the side trying to undo it. which is really weird as ive never seen that,

thanks drewpy for the advice will look into getting new forks,

also fzronline.com is a great infomation source thanks again scottfzr600r