Hi everyone

tzrlover
This post is 4804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

does anyone know how to get rusted rounded off brake fluid filler cap screws out as i need to fill up with brake fluid ive tried to tap them out and ive tried to make new slots but they round off again. any ideas thanks konrad

Plusgas penetrating oil every day for a few days. Drill out the heads as suggested and mole grip the remaining stud.

Remember for next time that prevention is better than cure. Before things get too bad a little spray of Plusgas or GT85 really helps (notice no mention of WD40 here). Obviously be careful of things that should not be oiled (like brakes) but at washing or chain lubing/adjusting times, take the extra 10 minutes to spray where you may need to un-tighten. And a plus is that GT85 smells great too.

hi ive got a problem with my throttle it seems to be sticking somewhere so ive greased the handlebar and replaced the top part of the cable and its still sticking

does anyone know what the problem could be

thanks

konrad

konrad

Check the twist grip ruber is not too close to the right hand switch and stopping it returning, there should be plastic washer type thing in there to stop that happening

Merv

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone I'm thinking about taking the head off of the engine and checking the pistons are in good order and maybe give the engine a good clean. Does anybody have any advice on what I should look out for and any tips on getting a good clean engine in and out.

Thanks.

Konrad

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online