Halogen Headlights

BlakeyYBR
This post is 4803 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, there have been several posts on the forum asking about replacing the YBR125's feeble headlight (mine's a '56 plate for the record)yet none of them seem to have been resolved as to whether the result was better, so i thought, as my halogen replacement should be installed within the week i'd post one that will be resolved :)

If anyone has upgraded their lights on any Yamaha then feel free to discuss :)

(p.s gladly, the headlight on the YBR only needs 3 screws removed to access, on my piaggio 50cc, it would have been about 20!)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the best way to improve the lighting would be to mody the wiring to use relays to control the on/off and hi/lo functions..........google it I'm not going into all lol.

UPDATE

Halogen headlamp far better on full beam, slight improvement on dipped :)

Worth the money, far fewer people have pulled out in front of me with this bulb, i think it's more commanding? :L

Speedshop - Had major wiring problems with my last bike regarding wiring, not going there again!

Drewpy - yes it is in several places, but i found it difficult to find a resolution, so this should be easier :)

• 1 month later...

Blakey, how you getting on with your new headlight? I've been looking to upgrade my YBR headlight and have been reading all threads on the subject here, but like you said there are mixed reports. Any problems with battery condition/wiring burning out with the more power-hungry bulb?

Cheers mate,

-Andy-

Blakey, how you getting on with your new headlight? I've been looking to upgrade my YBR headlight and have been reading all threads on the subject here, but like you said there are mixed reports. Any problems with battery condition/wiring burning out with the more power-hungry bulb?

Cheers mate,

-Andy-

Hey Andy,

The new bulb is very good, provides far better lighting and i've had far fewer people pulling out in front of me. I've had no problems so far, just make sure the new bulb is of the same wattage e.t.c. It would be worth your money, if i can find the email from when i bought the bulb i'll message it to you :)

Blake

Hey Andy,

The new bulb is very good, provides far better lighting and i've had far fewer people pulling out in front of me. I've had no problems so far, just make sure the new bulb is of the same wattage e.t.c. It would be worth your money, if i can find the email from when i bought the bulb i'll message it to you :)

Blake

Thanks Blake,

Just what I wanted to hear! Would be great if you can let me know what you're using - It seems to be a bit hit or miss, so would be good to use something that's been tried and tested.

Andy

Thanks Blake,

Just what I wanted to hear! Would be great if you can let me know what you're using - It seems to be a bit hit or miss, so would be good to use something that's been tried and tested.

Andy

Hi Andy, this is the link http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/rmu417-ring-12v-35-35w-ba20d-upgrade-headlamp-bulb-upgrades-395-std-bulb.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online