xvs 125 so far

kato13
This post is 4866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

evenin all, ok started working on bike today properly stated with front brake n now master cylinder gone gutted :o . been to shop n can get a kit to fix which aint bad :) , bike wont start but think may be battery as charging all time may try bump start tomoz :D . any way fitted k+n other day n noticed another pipe from carb going to air filter maybe breather shall i put a filter on this or just leave? :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If its a breather then best to leave it as it is-you could remove it and clean it thoroughly with parafin-some wire with a small piece or rag attached, make sure its bone dry inside before fitting it back, post some pics of it Kato

evenin all, ok started working on bike today properly stated with front brake n now master cylinder gone gutted :o . been to shop n can get a kit to fix which aint bad :) , bike wont start but think may be battery as charging all time may try bump start tomoz :D . any way fitted k+n other day n noticed another pipe from carb going to air filter maybe breather shall i put a filter on this or just leave? :P

Have a gander in the service manual for pipe connections if not sure. I wouldnt put a filter in where there shouldnt be one. If youve not got a copy of the manual, shout up and Ill mail it to you.

Is the battery turning the bike over?

Ray

battery did turn bike when fully charged but leave a couple of hours it struggles n die's pretty quick. gona clean carbs later so will try n put some pics up lata jock :)

battery did turn bike when fully charged but leave a couple of hours it struggles n die's pretty quick. gona clean carbs later so will try n put some pics up lata jock :)

sounds like u need a new battery m8, and im not sure what pipe ur on about goin from carb to filter?? the only pipes comming from the carb is the fuel in and drain pipe. but anyway if it hasnt got a filter on it then dont put one on :D

sorry avnt replied guy's been back in work. havnt done owt else as yet to bike gona get battery n new master cylinder seals on 19th as wen i get paid :rolleyes: brassic at mo. so depending on car mot :( on 19th also will depend on wot i do nxt to bike really want bike on road soon cant wait to get out on it also 2 other friends thinkin of getting bikes agen soon wahoo. does any one know of a cheap web site for new straight handle bars??, keeping originals on for a bit as a mate told me its easier to ride as i avnt for while so leave originals on for few months for safty sake i think. many thanks in advance.

here is a link to some drag bars (they do them in different colours)Click me

and here are the cheapest risers that will be the right size, so the controlls clear the tank

you could get away with 5 inch risers but i couldnt find any as cheep Click me

then all you will need is a couple of 3 inch 12mm bolts, a 12mm drill bit, and a couple of big washers with 12mm holes

the bore in the bush that hold the original risers are 10mm but all aftermarket ones are 12mm :blink: so just drill out the hole, cut the bolts to size then put the washer on b4 the riser to hold it all in place. takes about 30min to do it all B) im going to post a topic in customs titled xvs bobber 125 pictures, so you can have a look at what they look like (iv got 4.5 inch risers and the choke lever hits the tank, but im removing it so it dont matter to me)

• 2 weeks later...

funny thing is reading article above agen n saw link paulwhite sent me to drag bars n looked at n its in wrexham north wales n would u beleive ive lived in wrexham north wales all my life nigh on(all my riding life 6 years) n never heard of em :blink: mad as a box of frogs :lol: