dt125 jetting kit?

This post is 4857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

standard, 210 i assume? to be honest i dont understand how jet sizes are measured. iv taken de cat out of the exhaust so i reckon jets would be a good next move.. ye no doubt id get them in the bike shop here, but id fairly pay for them 2, i just wanna get a few prices on the internet before i hand over mad money yeno urself..

First thing is to check if you are jetted ok now, the colour of the plug gives a rough idea, ideal is mid brown

http://www.dansmc.com/sparkplugs1.htm

If you want to be more specific e.g. if you think it is out at full throttle , then a plug chop will tell you , but it costs you a couple of new plugs

No point re-jetting just for the sake of it , http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-motocross-offroad/17227-spankeys-jetting-guide-info-2-stroke-riders-must-have.html

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538197

Bob

its hard t tell the bike goes tru plugs like a mad yoke, dis last ones held up pretty well tho so il check it out 2moro.. iv the exhaust gutted, i flowed the inlet ports and iv a knn style filter to go on aswell, surely a bigger main would be a gd step now no??

I wouldnt recommend a pod syle filter if thats what you are considering.

More trouble than they're worth getting it set up right. ;)

+1

DTR's do not like K&N's. A pipercross or similar original foam style one works better IME.

And what do you mean by "flowed the inlet" ?

idn men its all trial n error for me :) just took the dirty blunt edges off n smoothened dem down as best i could

Inlet ports on 2-strokes are supposed to have a fine dimpled surface, much like a golf ball, which traps a thin layer or air on the surface which allows the air/fuel mixture to pass over it alot faster than it would with a smooth polished surface.

Inlet ports on 2-strokes are supposed to have a fine dimpled surface, much like a golf ball, which traps a thin layer or air on the surface which allows the air/fuel mixture to pass over it alot faster than it would with a smooth polished surface.

Dead Right

It is very tempting to mess with porting and exhausts , unless you are a skilled tuner you are more likely to lose power.

Your efforts are best kept to keeping the bike in good order.

Once you have done the standard de-restricting of a dt125 ,the next step is probably a pukka exhaust system like a DEP .

After that I reckon there is no substitute for a bigger bike !

no iv taken the blunt face off the inlet n smoothened it into a point, its still as bumpy as it was. its definetly better :) im 18 now in a week or 2, time for de bigger bike... in 2 years. thanks to the restrictions in ireland.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online