Eurosport - Best Battles - Boxing Day 7pm

Mike 'Spike' Edwards
This post is 4871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

An epic battle that I had with Phil McCallen at the Macau GP in 1995.

I'm really chuffed to be included in the Eurosport 'Best Battles - Bikes' - it's a bit humbling really, there are some top doers being featured - anyway our race is Boxing Day 7pm British Eurosport.

Me and Phil on GP500s - what a race...

edwards-macau-quality-sm.jpg

Bloke.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Confession time, before you watch Eurosport...

To be honest, my memory of the race is that it won't look all that 'epic' on telly - I led almost from start to finish, so not that spectacular.

Phil was more interesting, behind me, all frenzied and working up a sweat - whereas my style is so boring, "old style" that I actually look like I'm out for a Sunday ride; I don't have a very dynamic riding style to watch, but I find it very efficient...

Bloke.

Wow a track legend on the YOC :blink: , is eurosport available on virgin media ? I might watch this as the telly is crap anyway, well disappointed that Selleck Waterfall Sandwhich isn't on :angry:

entertaining viewing, you made that look too easy Mike :o , was Phil McCallens bike not set up right? he looked like he was really toiling with it even on the straights :blink: , or are you just a 'track god' :D

mucho respecto, I've never had the opportunity to have a go on a track and at my age I doubt I ever will B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online