xvs 125 do highway hawk fit??

Teague
This post is 4850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ahhh you might get away with it with them bars. iv just got bog standard drag bars. (if you go to fleabay and type drag bars its the one with the diferant colours in the pic.) but think if yours are wider then everything should fit no probs.

Guest LaFiamma

Personally lad i really wouldnt bother unless your going to keep it and your intention is to use the 125 as a practise run, but if you do want to go ahead, have a look HERE for the hole mod for a minor sound gain, HERE for a slightly bigger again sound gain, or HERE to go further again. Like i said i wouldnt personally bother on anything less than a 650 but its your bike and ill wish you luck ;)

think its more to do with "street cred" as they say :lol: , the xvs 125 is a nice big looking bike but the sound it makes .....well lets just say it dont match the look of the bike.

but no matter what you do to it, its still going to sound like a 125 lol i remember when i did the exhaust mod on mine, was on my way to work and was commin out of a junction when i saw a nice harly, the bloke on the harly had a look heard the sound comming from me and decided to remind me what a bike should sound like! think he had straight through pipes as my ears are still ringing. :D

haha, well if it was up to me a CBT would enable you to ride a harley v-rod :P but as it is i just wanted to make it loud to annoy the parents/because i like loud things :P

well if you want it loud then save up, get a new set of bog standard exhausts for mot, then cut the mufflers off the old exhaust. could put exhaust wrap round the pipes. job done! :D

Exhaust wrap is mint. Looks awesome, and supposedly improves performance.

Check out some pics of mine for what the wrap is like...

If you remove the balance pipe, and then chop off the mufflers, you could wrap the downpipe all the way to where the mufflers were, and then stick some of these

on the ends. that would look nice, and save you A LOT of cash :)

Exhaust wrap is mint. Looks awesome, and supposedly improves performance.

Check out some pics of mine for what the wrap is like...

If you remove the balance pipe, and then chop off the mufflers, you could wrap the downpipe all the way to where the mufflers were, and then stick some of these

on the ends. that would look nice, and save you A LOT of cash :)

Cant agree with that! Buy the HHs if you want, and a pair of baffles to slip in when your MOT is due.

• 5 weeks later...

hi yam owners ive got xvs125 need some advice need to change mudguard front and back make her skinnie do you no where to get some from any help would be sound cheers

unless your willing to make some from fibreglass then ur out of luck

best bet would be to pick up a second hand set from ebay and chop them, then you can make them to the size you want but still have the originals. :D