Rip off dealer

Guest prokon
This post is 2422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Horror story but standard I'm afraid, when I bought my XJ6 2nd hand it had 549 miles on the clock, when it hit 600 I phoned my local joke shop too, £250 they said, sorry you've got the wrong number I said, eh ? the guy said, brrrrrrrrrr-I hung up.

I later checked this out with Yam UK

the warranty states that you have 6 months or 600 miles "WHICHEVER COMES SOONEST" to qualify for a 'reasonable planet Earth type cost' service-----

this is the catch-most owners of new(ish) bikes are too excited and dont see the 6 Month bit, and go hooning around like a daft kunt and have the 600 mile figure stuck in their head-then have to pay through the nose-a kind of penalty (clever marketing ?-oh yes),

the good news is that you've found a Yamaha approved service centre to carry out your first service-and therefore your warranty will remain valid

NOOBS BEWARE !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doesn't have to be a Yamaha approved service centre to maintain your warranty.

As long as serviced in accordance with the recommendations of the schedule.

So it does. But it doesn't mention servicing.

So why does it apply to motorcycles and not cars any more?

I think they could be challenged on this point.

I take it you're referring to para 3 of the conditions? I read that as saying that the warranty work has to be carried out by an Authorised Yamaha Stealer, it says nothing about servicing except as laid down in para 2.

• 6 years later...

I just bought an MT 125 and almost reached the 600miles so I was looking to book the first check.

The dealer where I bought the bike asked £180. Called somewhere else and they are asking £85, plus it's a Premium Dealer and I know the mechanic there is a good one.

Loyalty doesn't pay off...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ivano said:

Loyalty doesn't pay off...

Thats the exact  words i used ,   when i found out my wife was fucking around,,,:thumb:

• Haha 1