Air injection system XV535 (92)

calamitykaz
This post is 4945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Again...

We have taken the LHS plastic chromed affect side panel off to look at what we thought would be the 'Air Injection System' contained therein.....well it was'nt there.....lol.We have tried to look on-line for onfo about this system but do not seem to be having much luck. When i purchased the 1992 XV535 it came with a Clymer Workshop Manual which states that if the bike is a 1992 bike it should have an Air Injection system fitted.....Does anyone have any suggestions, we have been thinking about trying to configure a 'K&N' Air filter solution alternative to the standard Air injection system if we cant find one.....please help.

Ckaz :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry Folks...

I have very recently purchased a 1992 XV535 Virago.....she is in need of a little work.

I have run into a slight problem and need help and earlier i put a post on the site, I have just read my post entitled 'Air injection System'.....and even i am confused....so i will simply ask does anyone know if the air injection system on a Yamaha XV535 (92) can be replaced by a set of 'K&N' Filters, or does someone know were i can find a used/new Air Injection System....

Hope that this reads ok ????

Ckaz:huh:

Hello 'OG'...

Thankyou for your reply which we would both agree with.....but according to the 'Clymer' manual a Air Injection System was fitted to all XV535's from 1989 on....this is apparently an emission control system to reduce the amount of hydrocarbons released into the atmosphere. The system consists of an air cut valve, a reed valve assembly and air and vacuum hoses. This system does not pressurize air, but uses the momentary pressure differentials generated by the exhaust gas pulses to introduce fresh air into the exhaust ports.

All these parts are supposed to be housed in the front LHS chromed effect compartment but on my bargain bike they aint there....lol

Yep....i can see your eyes glazing over from here........but would be very interested in your opinion ???

Ckaz:D

lol ! your comments did actually make us 'laugh out loud'!! ...anyhow, no need to bin anything, think someone has beaten us to it ! thanks for the laugh and your honesty.

:D

Kaz

Oohh am emissions gimmick, If it were mine then I would be happy to consign it to the bin an cap off anything you think you need to...well you did ask :D

For what its worth, I second what Oldgit says !

This is a crap system that try's to re-burn the old exhaust fumes and add just a little fresh air.

Block off what ya dont need and bring in continious fresh air.

That's dead on, thanks for the info. Will be on with the next step of the 'project' soon.

Kaz :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online