Fastest a yzf r125 will go ?

MARCON
This post is 4962 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thats a poweranger bike :L my street cred will go waaaaaaaaaaaaay down

.... and a Ducati clone isn't? I'm afraid street cred and 125's don't normally go together, except amongst the McDonalds generation of fawning teen girlies who think a Saxo with a fart cannon and more power in the ICE than the engine is 'well sick, innit?'..... oh look, I've had a Friday rant already!*

Bottom line, get through your test on any old 125 then get an SRX400 and learn that going fast isn't always about ultimate speed ....

Old Fart Lecture over, you may now return to normality.

*Rant generated thanks to a little tosser on a "sporty" 125 (oxymoron?) who just wouldn't overtake a friggin' tractor this morning .... I ended up blowing him into the weeds in my French non-turbo diesel van with windows!

.... and a Ducati clone isn't? I'm afraid street cred and 125's don't normally go together, except amongst the McDonalds generation of fawning teen girlies who think a Saxo with a fart cannon and more power in the ICE than the engine is 'well sick, innit?'..... oh look, I've had a Friday rant already!*

Bottom line, get through your test on any old 125 then get an SRX400 and learn that going fast isn't always about ultimate speed ....

Old Fart Lecture over, you may now return to normality.

*Rant generated thanks to a little tosser on a "sporty" 125 (oxymoron?) who just wouldn't overtake a friggin' tractor this morning .... I ended up blowing him into the weeds in my French non-turbo diesel van with windows!

In reply to your point to someone on a sporty 125 this would probarbly because their learners and don't want to overtake anyone due to the fact they may be nervous on this and overtaking them really wouldn't of helped the fact this is the sort of thing that causes problems with people getting rear ended

In reply to your point to someone on a sporty 125 this would probarbly because their learners and don't want to overtake anyone due to the fact they may be nervous on this and overtaking them really wouldn't of helped the fact this is the sort of thing that causes problems with people getting rear ended

Huh, the dickheads in my village try and overtake trucks on 50cc scoots, if any of them live long enough to ride a 125 i can't see em being afraid of overtaking anything.

Huh, the dickheads in my village try and overtake trucks on 50cc scoots, if any of them live long enough to ride a 125 i can't see em being afraid of overtaking anything.

That's the ones that do overtake but obviously if they aren't and you can see their nervous you wouldn't then cause them something else to worry about

That's the ones that do overtake but obviously if they aren't and you can see their nervous you wouldn't then cause them something else to worry about

Yep, I could see the rider was a bit unsure, so I placed my motor on the offside (setting up for a proper 'square' overtake) and held position a good couple of car lengths back to show him/her that the road was clear and allow him/her to make a run at it ..... twice! Had to abort the first overtake as the manoeuvre became marginal, yes I'd been hanging back that long. The second time I was actually holding back other traffic to give the 125 a bit of protection from other less generous road users, still no sign of an overtake so I went. Let's be clear here, I'm not talking about a moped which may just be able to pass a tractor, but a 125 capable of at least 70, sitting behind a tractor doing 20-25mph on a 60mph road with good visibility.

Whoever did their CBT wants a good slap for letting someone out with this low a level of training/confidence (it wouldn't have been Scotriders, Heather & Alan encourage learners to use their machines properly, as my son can testify!).

Record set straight, back to topic ..... on here? Fat chance!

erm::unsure: : back to topic ,you said,,,,,well if you tow a yzf r125 with say a dodge viper::blink: : it will go very fast indead:lol: :lol: ...........

erm::unsure: : back to topic ,you said,,,,,well if you tow a yzf r125 with say a dodge viper::blink: : it will go very fast indead:lol: :lol: ...........

I think that kind of defeats the objective of riding a bike? Fastest my bike has ever gone 55mph.... on a trailer :P none the less speed isn't everything it's the love of the machine that makes it fun :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online