v90

madmac14
This post is 3976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

bet not many people have heard of this one, but I have a yammie V90 from 1979... been in the shed for nigh on 15 years oiled up but is now a restoration project. For those thinking what the heck am I on about, the V90 was Yamaha's answer to the venerable Honda C90 except at a 2 stroke jobbbie. Rode it for about 2 years before shedding it but gave it a prod today and there is still life in the spark system.. Cleaned the oil off and it looks fairly fit.. alas the fuel tap leaks like a BP oil platform in the gulf.... Anyone know where I can get a replacment... long shot I know but other than this I will have to find a different fuel... If memory serves me right, its also pretty undergeared as I don't remember getting much over 45mph out of it but that'll be for another day.

Anyway I am hoping someone may be able to advise on the fuel thingy as other items like seat cover etc I can get along with cables and brake shoes etc...

Some may be thinking why not dump it and buy a honda 90... Could do but I figure if this things lasted over 30 years and still has the integrity to give me a spark at the plug then thats pretty cool... plus its more fun with on two stokes and takes me back to my FSIE days

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv'e just googled v90 and came up with a company called motorcycle products ltd ,,,it has virtualy every part you need for a v90. good luck.

Stick some pics on Mac while your doing the fix up :)

oh and welcome to the YOC forum

this same guy had a blue one for sale ,,i put a bid on for it but got out bid,,,,don't you just hate it when that happens...

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

bet not many people have heard of this one, but I have a yammie V90 from 1979... been in the shed for nigh on 15 years oiled up but is now a restoration project. For those thinking what the heck am I on about, the V90 was Yamaha's answer to the venerable Honda C90 except at a 2 stroke jobbbie. Rode it for about 2 years before shedding it but gave it a prod today and there is still life in the spark system.. Cleaned the oil off and it looks fairly fit.. alas the fuel tap leaks like a BP oil platform in the gulf.... Anyone know where I can get a replacment... long shot I know but other than this I will have to find a different fuel... If memory serves me right, its also pretty undergeared as I don't remember getting much over 45mph out of it but that'll be for another day.

Anyway I am hoping someone may be able to advise on the fuel thingy as other items like seat cover etc I can get along with cables and brake shoes etc...

Some may be thinking why not dump it and buy a honda 90... Could do but I figure if this things lasted over 30 years and still has the integrity to give me a spark at the plug then thats pretty cool... plus its more fun with on two stokes and takes me back to my FSIE days

I can get you many parts here from Bermuda, even performance muffler"s and tons of other stuff!

:)

I am looking for a complete motor, or even a block and head!

Maybe we can work something out?

Mark

• 2 months later...

I've got a complete V90 1974...just found it in my dads shed...he stopped riding it in 1985 so it's been in there ever since. looks like every thing's there, but it is tatty. How much do you reckon it'd be worth? I'm gonna put it on Ebay shortly I reckon.

iff your putting it on ebay, it will be worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it.

that is usualy a lot more than it's true value...

• 11 months later...

Been a while since I've logged in. Well I fixed up the seat cover. Managed to find a replacement on ebay which after a birt of strecthing this was and that is now nicely fixed in place. Of course it now makes the rest of the bike look like shite so will no doubt mean a bit of spit and polich and maybe a hunt for a nice tin of (racing) brown... BROWN!!! what a colour that is and I am assuming the light surround is supposed ot be matt black?. Am hoping at some point to get this up and on the road but alas where I live at present some twat would just kick it over or pee in the tank. I've seen a few bike on their sides around here by the local drunks on there way back from the pubs so I guess it'll have to remain sorned till we move :-( Does anyone know if the chain and sprockets from a yb100 would fit? The last time I rode it it was maxing out at just over 40mph which is a bit pathetic as my FS1E could do better than that. Quite happy to lose a bit from the neck braking acceleration if it meant it could get up tom somewhere near 50 so I could harass the C90 worshippers... :-)

Been a while since I've logged in........

yeah a year and a half, thought you'd been in some sort of fireball incident with that leaking tap :o

i would have though 45 / 50 would be achievable with standard sprockets...have you done the checks..points? gap timing baffle etc

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online