DT125R - More Power!

Kenton
This post is 6325 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a DT125R '03 model. Showroom spec.

Seriously considering the DEP pipe and can, which I understand means taking the main Jet up one size.

Can anyone confidently describe how I would release more power from the servo assisted powervalve? I have viewed a lot of conflicting information on this very point and remain truly confused.

Thx.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Replying to myself!

For anyone interested, I had read on other sites that there may be a reed switch within the speedo which would effectively cut power at a certain speed. Well I've been and looked, and on my model all the wires into the clocks connect to Bulbs for either warning lights or backlighting the dials.

I'm left asking the question if the only further route forward other than the DEP pipes is to source a CDI unit from outside the UK for a non restricted machine.

Any help or advice (No, really ANY!) would be appreciated.

:hi to the Forum Kenton

It seems that the regular DT crew around here, is Nowhere to be found :?

But I do know the DEP pipe set-up & the Non-Restricted CDI unit you suggested, would most definitely be a step in the right direction :wink:

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but RD's are more my thing 8)

Thanx for that. Something bigger would be more my thing if I could be bothered to get off my backside and get the full test taken.

At over 30 years of age I really should not be on a 'Learner' plated machine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are lots of 'urban myths' surrounding the derestriction of the DT, especially the later models. I'm currently wrestling with a '01 DT...

There is a reed switch in the back of the speedo at the top (small rectangular white thing) that closes at around 65mph and this allows the CDI to tell the powervalve to close slightly, thus limiting the speed to around 60-65mph. You can simply remove this from the back of the speedo but don't actually cut it out of the loom- just put it in a small plastic bag to keep the water out and keep it well away from the speedo.

There are a couple of crescent shaped plates about halfway down the front pipe- obviously they completely bugger the expansion chamber up- they require the pipe to be cut open to remove them, then welded closed again.

It's also possible that the actual ignition curve is retarded at higher rpm too, but as I haven't derestricted my front pipe (oo-er!) yet I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps,

Mick.

ps I've also got an SZR660, which is a total hoot :)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you want to make your bike fast .this is what i done to my 05 model dt125re ,

i put a dep front pipe on it and i wrigged a yz 250 sylencer on the bike, earthed my wire in the speedo to the frame . i took my reeds out bent the two metal plates on the reeds as far as i could ,so they are touching the crank case when i put them back, and i cut the rubber block

what slots in to the reeds and the carb fixes to, and put a 17 tooth 55 tooth spockets on the bike ,

and it is a fast dtr 80 to 85 mph but thats killing 5th and 6th, would probly go faster down hill or of a cliff

post your coments

• 2 weeks later...

ive been reading about the european non eu, bikes and they dont have the catalytic converter on, they strangle gas flow as they dont do as well on two strokes as they do on four strokes ,,our european chaps are getting almost a ton out of theyres , check out (you tube yamaha dt 125) watch the vids,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online