1980/81 yamaha dt175 mx

MrAzF
This post is 4257 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, just a quick question does anyone know where i can get a pdf manual or a haynes and also some idiot has rounded the screws in the carb slide, my throttle cable snapped, can't change because of this... does anyone if/where i can get a replacement ??

thanks az

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, just a quick question does anyone know where i can get a pdf manual or a haynes and also some idiot has rounded the screws in the carb slide, my throttle cable snapped, can't change because of this... does anyone if/where i can get a replacement ??

thanks az

Got a pic? there shouldn't be screws in the carb slide. Its a special plate that goes under the spring.

Intro would be nice too...

Not sure where you are at, but I have the same year bike. I got a Clymer manual at Amazon.com for about $15.00. You can Google DT175 manual and some free sites come up. I like having a paper copy I can get oil stains on :) . The folks here are great. Also look at old posts to find lots of good info.

-good luck

thanks az

Hi guys, thanks for the response, my name is Aaron i'm 23 and I'm in the south of england... sorry i didn't introduce myself, I'm new to using forums! :) MEE TOOO!! saltcreekknife I should have a pic or 2 for you guys soon !! (hopefully) I'll try to put a picture of the slide up so you know what I mean... i was most confused about it aswell. I had a '79 dt175mx years ago and that never had screws.... thanks again Az :)

Hi guys, thanks for the response, my name is Aaron i'm 23 and I'm in the south of england... sorry i didn't introduce myself, I'm new to using forums! :) MEE TOOO!! saltcreekknife I should have a pic or 2 for you guys soon !! (hopefully) I'll try to put a picture of the slide up so you know what I mean... i was most confused about it aswell. I had a '79 dt175mx years ago and that never had screws.... thanks again Az :)

someones change the carb Aaron at a guess.

Welcome to the forum :D

someones change the carb Aaron at a guess.

Welcome to the forum :D

thanks :) i can't find any other markings on the carb other than mikuni ?? any ideas on where they might be? also i can't seem to load any pictures on here any suggestions? thanks for the responses guys :D

thanks :) i can't find any other markings on the carb other than mikuni ?? any ideas on where they might be? also i can't seem to load any pictures on here any suggestions? thanks for the responses guys :D

For posting pictures see FAQ's

Here is a picture of a 175MX carb, its an early one so is marked 2H500, a later one would be marked 3U500 (uk bikes)

Copyof100_0652.jpg

For posting pictures see FAQ's

Here is a picture of a 175MX carb, its an early one so is marked 2H500, a later one would be marked 3U500 (uk bikes)

Copyof100_0652.jpg

hi again all, just had a look at the carb has 12A00 on it ? is this the right one for the bike ?? thanks again for all your help aaron

• 2 years later...

Hello folks,

Im just doing a little repare on my new old bike: Yamaha DT 125 MX from 1981.

Im buying stuff from internet.

What im not clear of, is if the models 125, 175 and 250 n also 80 or 50 from this same years are mostly the same or not ?=?

(expect the motors)

Thanks for your helping answers.

Have a fiery ride.

sunny greatings

NicK

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online