electrics dead

hobbo
This post is 5051 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yesterday i wantead to try the electrics on my fz 600 to see if every thing was ok after a year of not running, i replaced both coils with new ones, new re/rec, ing switch , i used one of the jumper packs to put some current in

and every thing looked ok,i put a new battery on it today and have nothing working, checked earths, put old ing switch back on checked fuses and checked amps on new battery,what should i check now. solonoid if so how do you check them,what elese can i check, any help would be welomed. <_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yesterday i wantead to try the electrics on my fz 600 to see if every thing was ok after a year of not running, i replaced both coils with new ones, new re/rec, ing switch , i used one of the jumper packs to put some current in

and every thing looked ok,i put a new battery on it today and have nothing working, checked earths, put old ing switch back on checked fuses and checked amps on new battery,what should i check now. solonoid if so how do you check them,what elese can i check, any help would be welomed. <_<

double check your earths again,if you have a new battery and you have checked the amps and all is ok , its got to be and earth or a fuse , one question though why did you change coils ,reg/rec, ign switch, if was running the previous year , i would have just stuck a new battery first?

double check the ign switch you may have pulled a wire , use your multi meter and check you have current running to all what you have replaced

does anything light up at all lights indicators idiot lights,etc

cheers

Al

Al, changed coils because i had a low reading on resistence,and the engine had been replaced

the bike was very difficult to start and did not run to good,the reg/rec was changed because

the battery was not charging but had a good current from genarator, the ignition switch was

changed because a lead had pulled out at moment no lights on any of the equpment im going

to check side stand and cluch switch, no gear lever on a moment so could be a false

neutral,any think else i can check with meters.

thanks Dave.

The battery was new, topped it up with acid and charged it.do you know wat the reed switch does

near the head lights this used to click when ignition was turned on.

Spent a few hours checking electrics, checked loom up to ignition switch,moved connector and

volt meter died, replaced connections to switch and all ok , replaced ignition switch with old one

one but nothing else works, lights, oil lght, neutral light,break light, etc, cleaned and

moved earth ,power going to solonoid both sides , no power at coils, checked fuses and put

volt meter across connections but all looks dead,how can this be if power going to ignition

switch, have 8 yard skip on drive way only wife stopped me putting in there,rebuliding bikes

is supposed to be a pleasure and a hobby but my bike is not at the moment, going to leave

it and come back to it , any help would be welcomed :angry:

Ithink i found the problem, i had 10 min before i was going out yesterday an tried a new volt meter across fuses,as i pushed the probes into the fuses i could hear a crackling sound on the connections,the fuse carrier has been replaced at some time and replaced with mini spade conector fuses , replaced all fuses cleaned up fuse holder with wd40, i now all lights working power to coils, reg/rec is getting warm ,power to side stand,i just got to get neutral light

to come on as there is no power going to switch i think its not in neutral as i have no chain or gear lever on it

at moment,learned to take time when checking electrics.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online