My Fazer 600 hybrid

Karban
This post is 7091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay, got my hands on that screen. Was not so dark as in the previous picture but maybe i'll spray it flat black from inside. Here's a pic, not yet attached. Will be a bit more down- and inwards.

And it looks a lot better "in flesh".

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-162287.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Going to look good when all finished Karban, well thats if you ever get it done :wink:

OK, now fitted. I have to figure out a new fitting for the dashboard so i can tilt that screen a bit backwards. I would prefer a little less touring look.

Here are links to the pics:

Front left no stripes

closeup side

cockpit

Front left with stripes

More stripes

I'm going to paint that to match the bike as soon as i have the time and the equipment. Maybe on my vacation.

• Admin

Hmm undecided, but i think it looks better without the stripes :?

Hmm undecided, but i think it looks better without the stripes  :?

Haven't decided yet either.. Maybe if it was same colour as the bike then the stripes would fit better. Or then i could stick a number plate on it. Or.. Hmm, i should get my seat cowl this friday, maybe i should stick number plates on that too..

testing, testing..

Here's a picture of pyramid plastics seat cowl. Going to paint it to match bike colors as soon as i have the spare time..

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-165516.jpg

OR.. I have a spare tank, what if i just paint that black, i think it would suit too. Maybe that rear "uss enterprise" would look too big in single colour?? I think t'll just do that, easier to paint too because it's not a two-tone paint like the oem colour.

After some photoshop hassle i've realized that it would be the best solution to paint the original tank partly black. But i don't want to paint the originals. And the old tank is smaller and uglier.

But this i had in mind:

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-165990.jpg

Seems like the swingarm and pegs are wrong colour, maybe if i painted them black..

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-165991.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was at a motocross event yesterday and figured that i have to put that enduro fairing back. ( http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/k2eerola/fighzer/0102_0264.JPG ). Bugger that the cockpit is too damn large so i figured i'll settle with my Sigma BC800. Going to buy some kind of accessory meter and strip off its contents and fit the sigma in there, so i'll have a lit speedometer. Some kind of warning light panel is also needed.

Ok, the fairing is white.. I'm going to add a white stripe to the bike and number plates on the seat cowl, maybe that way i don't have to paint anything.

Oh and other mod is maybe coming too, a combined chain guard/license plate holder so i can clean up the rear end and get those rear indicators visible again.

I will post pics as soon as i get something done

(Cool that i have so many spare parts, i can alter the look of my bike in few hours if i feel like it)

Bugger that the cockpit is too damn large so i figured i'll settle with my Sigma BC800. Going to buy some kind of accessory meter and strip off its contents and fit the sigma in there, so i'll have a lit speedometer.

Okay, here's something that started its life as an aftermarket ampere meter

biltema_amp.jpg

After some twisting & turning the shite popped out and the sigma fits there "like a glove"

sigma.jpg

Now there's the lighting thing to solve, and somehow i have to make a hole or something so that i can switch between the modes of that sigma.

Stripped the rear fairing "just 4 fun", assembled all the mandatory lights etc and did some photoshopping.

Looks much lighter, maybe thats going to be the next step. Here's a pic:

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-180204.jpg

Somehow i like the look of that flat black colour.. I have another tank, it's MY 2000 though and a bit smaller, but i could paint that in flat black too to spare the original.

Here's the reason why i painted it flat black..

yamaha-fazer-03-bikepics-180205.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online