Xvs 125cc

littlepig
This post is 5085 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

good evening all,can anyone help me please?I was wondering if any of you guys know how to remove baffles and padding from standard exhaust.Have read on other threads that drilling out the rivits is the way to go.Would like to hear from someone who has already done it 1st.

And please no snide remarks on "buy a bigger bike" ive chosen this little piggy for economic purposes and would like it to sound a bit better not exactly crimes against humanity now is it.Cheers people .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haha no worries about the cheeky comments. I've got a 125 too (Although that's because I'm still on L's!)

Anyway, I'm not sure I can help much - but someone had already done it to my bike when i bought it and, well, it sounds great.

I hear there are a few different ways of doing it... here's the best video I could find for you.

http://homepage.mac.com/lydanynom/iMovieTheater5.html

hope it helps mate.

Chris

Thanks for that guys it's well appreciated,was lookin at the hawk pipes but too expensive against what I paid for the pigglet.I picked up a 02 plate with 3247 miles on for £1600,it's got the yamaha saddlebags and sissy/backrest.it's a great little machine perfect for the purpose.cheers again gents.

I take it we're talking about drilling the holes into the round plate at the emmisions end of the exhaust? Just need to be sure before I go drill crazy lol.

Yeah that's what been done with mine. I've seen other vids about drilling into the side and then putting rivets in or something, but reeeeeeealy?

Anyway, let us know when you're done - show us a pic or send a vid or something... would be nice to hear how this one turns out ;)

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.

I was thinking to myself the other day

how hard would it ACTUALLY be to make some slip-on mufflers? Like surely you could just get the right pipe etc and attach the right fittings? No? Am I far out?

haha

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.

So why can car drivers still not hear your über-loud, über grunty straight-through pipes until you're 5 feet from them?

how hard would it ACTUALLY be to make some slip-on mufflers? Like surely you could just get the right pipe etc and attach the right fittings? No? Am I far out?

Make... fairly hard, unless you just want an empty shell, in which case just shape to your liking.

Buy and fit - Pretty easy.

They usually have a variety of different collars to ensure a very snug fit on the pipes.

Just remember to re-jet the carbs.

Starting a new thread on it - not fair to take over this person's thread :P

It's not the fact they don't hear you - it's the fact they don't care :)

Anyway, let us know how your's turn out :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online