FZ6 or Fazer

JohnR6
This post is 7186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at these 2 bikes as a possible first bike when I pass my DAS......you think it's a good sensible choice as a first bike? Anyway, I was thinking maybe I could ride one of these for a year or so and then trade it in for an R6.

I need some help in deciding whether the naked FZ6 is better or the Fazer 600? They both look cool in it's own way but I just can't decide which one I should consider? :? Which one whould you go for?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, the Fazer is the more practical choice, cos the fairing would help when I do those long journeys down the motorway, but I think the FZ6 looks a bit better.........the Fazer looks a bit funny tbh......half naked half fairing hmmmm?? IMO, it got to be full fairing our none.......but the Fazer does seem to be the logical choice........you see my dilemma here! :D

Regard, the R6, that has to be a must for me, it's just a matter of sooner or later. :D

Have you thought about the last version of the old style Fazers? They look a lot better (same fairing style as the Fazer 1000) than the new one in my opinion and some testers reckon that it is also a better performing bike. It uses a version of the Thundercat motor as opposed to the R6.

I think I prefer the 2004 FZ6 Fazer with underseat exhaust and the R1 like front. :lol: But the old ones still look good. 8)

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get it. I'm going to the motorcycle show in November in NEC Birmingham, so I'll have a sit on the bikes and decide then. :D

The more I look at the FZ6 Fazer the more I like it! :lol: It might be one of those bike where you never thought about getting but might just actually end up getting one! :lol:

I particularly like the underseat exhausts and the clock dials! Also, they are still very good performance bikes. :lol: If I am to get one, I'll probably go for the Galaxy Blue coloured one! :lol:

Yes, the FZ6 Fazer does look good and I'm really temped to get one as a first bike before I go for the R6. And at a price of £4499.....that brilliant!! :lol:

By the time I can afford to get one next year, I can go for a 2004 second hand model which will be even cheaper! :lol:

I'll see what happens. :lol: This is getting exciting! 8)

Also, If I bought a new FZ6 Fazer from a dealer, do you think they can get me the BLACK wheel from a naked FZ6 instead of the silver one from the Fazer? 8) I really love bikes with black colours wheels!

go straight for the R6. I passed my DAS last thursday and I have got my R6 coming this thursday.

I was gonna do the same as you and get another bike first but ask yourself will you really be happy till you get the R6?

I know what you mean PPsR6, I just want to keep my options open for the time being mate.

I'll see what happens. :lol: But Fazers still good bike though.

@PPsR6: also mate, just wondering how much is your insurance for your R6?

I have a quote for a 2003/2004 R6, I'm 25 and keep the bike in Garage etc, of £712 TPF&F which is te cheapest I can find. The Fazer should be a little bit cheaper than that, probably around £500!? :?

• 2 weeks later...

if you want a fully faired bike why not just by the lower fairing for the fazer, then you have an r6 engine in a bike you can go out for a full day and not be in pain at the end. your insurance is lower, you can use it to commute if you need to, and you've still got a fantastic bike for those twisties!!

go straight for the R6.

I'd also advice going straight onto the R6. It's obviously what you REALLY want. Just take it easy, which isn't too hard. Run yourself in, as it were. Just keep the revs below 7,000 for a while, cos Sports 600s have nothing much in the way of power down low. They only really start to fly above 9,000 rpm.

Thanks for the advise on the R6, I think I'm just going to go for it. :)

If I get the FZ6 Fazer first, which is still a good bike, I would be the dog's dangles for the first month or two and then after that as time goes by, I would have wished I got the R6.........so I think I'm going to go straight for the R6. :)

YZF-R6 = £5599

Fazer6 = £4599

Might as well pay the Grand extra to get the bike I really want, that way I would respect the bike more if it's the bike I really want. I might just even get a second hand 2003 R6. Have to see. :)

I'm hoping that when I come to buy next easter/summer 2005, I would be able to pick up a nice 1 or 2 year old R6 for alot cheaper than the brand new price. :lol: Can't wait. 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online