sticky throttle

shauny
This post is 5124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have just bought a p reg thundercat. when i start it up it has a bit of a sticky throttle.

checked bar ends seem ok then loosend screws on handlbar casing and sprayed wd 40 in but still the same.

any advice.

cheers

shaun <_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have just bought a p reg thundercat. when i start it up it has a bit of a sticky throttle.

checked bar ends seem ok then loosend screws on handlbar casing and sprayed wd 40 in but still the same.

any advice.

cheers

shaun

Sorry dont know what happened there ! Anyway i try again.

Failte; Shauny to the YOC cool.gif

You could try taking the cable off at handlebar end and pour some 2 in one oil down along the cable.

If this doesnt work you could take the cable out of its casing for inspecting (frayed or spliting) if it ok then clean the cable and oil it and put back in casing and try again.

Hope this helps.

It's well worth the Peace Of Mind....to remove the throttle cable & hang it vertically....

& Spray the Hell out of it with some of this .....

prod_1197428067.jpg

THEE stuff for lubing all cables ;)

On my wife's Honda 450, the throttle was a little sticky/slow closing. Turns out the cable never had enough free play. I've since oiled all the cables and everything works great.

any advice.

cheers

shaun <_<

Try removing the throttle cable first, then make sure the throttle handle moves smoothly, if it does buy and new cable, you never know, the cable may be damaged inside.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online